Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New league keeper help NL version please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New league keeper help NL version please.

I joined a new league NL only 4x4 (hr, rbi, sb, ave.) (era, wins, saves whip) keeper, 12 team. I have to cut down the roster to 23 by tomorrow.

Here is the team I inherited:

1B Ryan Zimmerman Was 2A
    MI #Mauricio Dubon SF 10B

2B Matt Duffy ChC 1A
    OF Juan Soto Was 20x
    OF Bryce Harper Phi 40A
    C Jacob Stallings Pit 3A
    C William Contreras Atl 5A
    CI Albert Pujols LAD 7A
    SS Wilmer Difo Pit 10A
    3B *Jesus Aguilar Mia 16A

MI Orlando Arcia Atl 6A
    MI Rodolfo Castro Pit 11A
    MI #Eric Sogard FA 1A

UT #Stephen Vogt Atl 3A

P Archie Bradley Phi 10A
    P Camilo Doval SF 6A
    P Miles Mikolas StL 2A
    P Eric Lauer Mil 10A
    P Drew Smyly Atl 10A
    P Brusdar Graterol LAD 3A
    P Taylor Widener Ari 5A
    P Jack Flaherty StL 18X
    P Blake Snell SD 26A

P #Brandon Kintzler FA 10A
    P Ryan Weathers SD 10A
    P Brad Boxberger Mil 5A
    P #Aaron Sanchez FA 1A
    P Erick Fedde Was 10A
    P *Jimmy Nelson LAD 5A
    P Kyle Finnegan Was 6A
    P #Sean Newcomb Atl 10A
    P Sean Doolittle Sea 1A

1B #Mike Toglia Col 5F
    SS #Bryson Stott Phi 5F
    SS #Ed Howard ChC 15F
    3B #Nolan Gorman StL 15F
    OF #Drew Waters Atl 10F
    OF #Cole Roederer ChC 5F
    C #Mario Feliciano Mil 10F
    C #Joey Bart SF 15F
    C Miguel Amaya ChC 10F
    MI Rodolfo Castro Pit 11A
    P Brailyn Marquez ChC 2F

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

No shortage of really easily cuttable players here.

Even in an NL only I can only see a handful worth keeping. Huge uphill climb man..I would plan on rebuilding. GL. Trade these 2 closers as soon as you can for warm bodies.

Keep:
    Soto
    Harper
    Stallings
    Finnegan
    Doval
    Flaherty
    Snell
    Mikolas
    Graterol

I cant see wasting spots on would be closers who dont have a job in a 4x4 like Bradley.

Lauer, Weathers, and Smyly and Fedde are end gamers even in an NL to me. 10 is too much, but 12 team i guess maybe. Still...ugh.

Maybe a flier on Widener? meh.

I guess the farm guys are OK. IIRC Marquez might have a major arm issue.

Comment

I agree with Pauly on the major league keepers. I'm not super familiar with all of the farm guys, though I feel like Howard is too far away and doesn't carry the offensive ceiling of a $15 guy. He won't steal bases, so it's tougher to project profit on $15. As a defense first prospect, I think it's unlikely, and I wouldn't want to tie up the roster spot for years waiting. I'd trade him for sure if anybody had interest.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'll agree with all but Lauer. He's an easy keeper at 10 in a NL only league, IMO. He's the Brewers #4/5 SP, and he had a fantastic second half - 2.60 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, a K/inning, and his BB/9 dropped to around 2.4. Yeah, I'm a Brewer homer, but those numbers speak for themselves.

I'd keep Duffy around on your list of 23 for now, too. Depending on when you have to do your final cuts, he's worth keeping until his role is defined. If he's the first IF off the bench for the Cubs, he's definitely worth a buck and then some in a 12-team NL only league.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. All are very helpful and good food for thought.

I realize this is a bad team and have a big challenge ahead. Plus I only know one of the other teams. I have to learn the trading practices and biases of the league.

I agree that Howard is not good at 15F and as a Cubs homer will put him back. Maybe I can get him in the later rounds of reserve.

I am a bit surprised that you like Snell at 26A.

Comment

Like might be a strong word for me, but for keeping in your top 23, I think he makes sense. Here's my thinking:

- Given the minors lists, I suspect your league carries pretty steep inflation, say in the 30% region.
            - Snell might well be at or close to value at that inflation level.
            - Plus, you may be rebuilding this year and Snell could have good to great trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Like might be a strong word for me, but for keeping in your top 23, I think he makes sense. Here's my thinking:

- Given the minors lists, I suspect your league carries pretty steep inflation, say in the 30% region.
              - Snell might well be at or close to value at that inflation level.
              - Plus, you may be rebuilding this year and Snell could have good to great trade value.
              Agree here. You just want to keep anything that is remotely tradeable. Maybe keep Aguilar also in that regard. If the NL DH happens he will have sneaky trade value.

Comment

Good point on Aguilar. I think you can squeeze him in with Pauly’s list plus Lauer and all your minor leaguers

Comment

Thank you all or the help with team Scrambled Greggs.

Let the trading begin!

Comment

Working...
                  X