Paying the Bills, 2022 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying the Bills, 2022 version

I'd like to reiterate the site isn't going anywhere, and I'm not looking to make any money from it. That said, I could use some help paying the bills and perhaps contract some maintenance to make sure there are no surprises.

Last year, I offered a discounted Mastersball subscription as a means of enticing RJ users to help pick up some of the freight. This year, I want to simplify things. Whether you get a subscription or donate, the funds go to the same place. If you happen to subscribe to Mastersball (thank you), know you're helping RJ as well. That said, I'm going back to the old method of asking for Paypal donations. Sorry, I don't use Venmo, or Bitcoin or beaver pelts, but I can deposit a check (PM me for my address).

Please paypal to todd dot zola at gmail dot com.

I still want have a means of thanking you for your donation/subscription, so I'll be happy to arrange more RJ user Draft and Hold leagues, with a free entry for you, then I'll cover the winner's entry into the 2023 NFBC DC competition. Revo and JonCarlos tied last season so they'll both get an entry into this year's competition.

I'll set up as many leagues as needed. An MB subscription or a minimum $30 donation gets an entry into the 15-team contest. All other donations will get an entry into the 12-team contest (same format, just fewer teams).

If you qualify and want to join a league, please send me a PM with the earliest you're willing to begin drafting and I'll do my best to accommodate everyone.

If the fundraiser goes well and I collect more money than needed for the 2022 calendar year, it will be returned via additional league payouts.

Obviously, this is voluntary and not everyone has the means to help. However, if you derive enjoyment from the site, please consider helping out, knowing every penny supports the site and not my poor dietary habits.

I know traffic is down, so I'll post a reminder thread in the spring. The 2022 bills have been paid, so there's no urgency.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

in.

someone is going to be frustrated trying to trade with me...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      in.

someone is going to be frustrated trying to trade with me...
      The NFBC leagues are no trading. If enough want a trading league, we can set it up on Fantrax.

Comment

In, sent 25 bucks and also signed up for Mastersball...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Mr Funklord. I'm looking at the different Masterball levels and I forget what I had last year when you offered the deal here for new members. Was that the Gold plan? I am noticing the Platinum plan has customizable auction values. Is that new, and does it work for custom points leagues? I'm gonna get one of these plans, but I don't do daily, so figured Gold was good enough for me, but if Platinum offers custom auction pricing for my points league, that is muy enticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Mr Funklord. I'm looking at the different Masterball levels and I forget what I had last year when you offered the deal here for new members. Was that the Gold plan? I am noticing the Platinum plan has customizable auction values. Is that new, and does it work for custom points leagues? I'm gonna get one of these plans, but I don't do daily, so figured Gold was good enough for me, but if Platinum offers custom auction pricing for my points league, that is muy enticing.
            Platinum and Gold offer the same preseason content but Gold ends on April 15 whereas Platinum extends to Oct. 31.

The preseason features are the same, but I am going to upgrade the in-season offerings.

As for points leagues, it's not available yet, I plan on setting it up next weekend, but I have a customizable points league spreadsheet that ranks and tracks the available players by position along with tracking rosters. There are currently versions for specific setups if you want to get a feel. The customizable one lets you set the # teams, and scoring system. It does NOT calculate auction values, but we could take that over the MB forum and I could work you through bid prices pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              Platinum and Gold offer the same preseason content but Gold ends on April 15 whereas Platinum extends to Oct. 31.

The preseason features are the same, but I am going to upgrade the in-season offerings.

As for points leagues, it's not available yet, I plan on setting it up next weekend, but I have a customizable points league spreadsheet that ranks and tracks the available players by position along with tracking rosters. There are currently versions for specific setups if you want to get a feel. The customizable one lets you set the # teams, and scoring system. It does NOT calculate auction values, but we could take that over the MB forum and I could work you through bid prices pretty easily.
              Got it. Gracias.

Comment

Hey Todd…I’m not sure I read this correctly. We donate $30 via PayPal and get an automatic Gold subscription to Mastersball? Or donate $30 and we get a discounted Mastersball subscription?

I sent the funds via PayPal but let me know which interpretation is correct. And I’d like in on one of the early draft leagues.

Thanks!
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Hey Todd…I’m not sure I read this correctly. We donate $30 via PayPal and get an automatic Gold subscription to Mastersball? Or donate $30 and we get a discounted Mastersball subscription?

I’m getting ready to send the funds via PayPal but let me know which interpretation is correct. And I’d like in on one of the early draft leagues.

Thanks!
                  Neither is correct.

To get a free entry into the Rotojunkie Draft and Hold League you need to

1. Subscribe to Mastersball (either Gold or Platinum)

OR

2. Donate at least $30 to help keep the site solvent.

Comment

Ah…okay. Well, I already sent the funds via PayPal, so it looks like I chose option #2. LOL
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Done and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabline View Post
                        Done and thanks.
                        We'll need some help getting there, but if there's a second RJ league, do you want in?

Comment

Joined and in for league #2.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post

Hi Todd,

I just reupped on the gold plan, but when I log in and click on Subscriber Content it says "you are not authorized to view this resource." I think I messed things up when I made the purchase. I don't think I properly logged in using my old password. When I go to my account, I see my platinum subscription from last year, but not this year's gold subscription.

ETA: Nevermind, Todd already fixed it. Thanks Todd!
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-21-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Todd, do you have ability to receive money via Zelle/bank account?

Comment

Working...
                              X