HDID--Bregman and prospects for Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID--Bregman and prospects for Ramirez

I know lot has changed in the last two years, but I still can't help but think Bregman could get back to that 2019 superstud. Still, I just dealt him along with high upside prospects Hedbert Perez, Reginald Preciado, and Brayran Rocchio for Ramirez. Both Bregman and Ramirez have the same contract--$25 for the next two years. This is a 16 team mixed league with 20 man minor league rosters, so we can roster the high upside far off kids and they have a lot of trade value. Still, I felt I had to do it. What do you all think?

Love the deal for you. Bregman could improve a lot, and he’s still come up well short of Ramirez’s value. It’s a pretty big prospect cost, but you get a top ten player in a mixed league (maybe even too five)
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Damn, the guy who dealt for Ramirez gave a pick he had already traded and forgot about. My jeopardize the deal if we can't figure out what else to give the Ramirez guy. I hate to be the one to chip in yet another player for someone else's mistake, but I may have to decide if the principle matters more than the deal. It was a 2nd round prospect draft pick, so not huge, but something.

Comment

Let him give you his 3rd round prospect draft pick instead of the 2nd. You're gonna trade it anyway.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't think Rocchio or Preciado are that valuable with only 320 prospect roster spots. They're in the 150 range at best, so no big loss. Hedbert Perez is a very valuable chip though, as I've seen him ranked inside the top 30 twice. I drafted Hedbert everywhere and sold every share I had, unfortunately.

Mixed leagues like this format reward the bold, and this move qualifies. I would work to get it done. SB are going the way of the dodo, so adding 15-20 per year is worth the high cost of Hedbert, to me.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

It was a false alarm. The pick was his. The deal is done. I feel good about it, although I think I miss the prospects. Especially Perez. But don't feel too bad if you got a good return on your selling, TW. After all, he still has a long way to go and a lot can happen in that time.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-20-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              It was a false alarm. The pick was his. The deal is done. I feel good about it, although I think I miss the prospects. Especially Perez. But don't feel too bad if you got a good return on your selling, TW. After all, he still has a long way to go and a lot can happen in that time.
              On May 6 in 20 team dynasty, I dealt Hedbert Perez, Dane Dunning, Erick Pena, and a 1st Rd pick for Christian Yelich. My thinking was the same as your deal, that the added SB in Yelich's profile justified the premium paid.

It could have been worse, but I need Yelich to bounce back quite a bit to feel good about it.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                On May 6 in 20 team dynasty, I dealt Hedbert Perez, Dane Dunning, Erick Pena, and a 1st Rd pick for Christian Yelich. My thinking was the same as your deal, that the added SB in Yelich's profile justified the premium paid.

It could have been worse, but I need Yelich to bounce back quite a bit to feel good about it.
                That stings. I too traded a lot for Yelich. I ended up in second place partly because of that deal.

Speaking of deals, I can get Hedbert back for the 10th pick in the prospect draft. Guys in play at that spot likely include Jackson Jobe, Colton Cowswer, Benny Montgomery, and Rodrick Arias. Is he better than that lot? Fantrax is a real outlier on him. Baseball America ranks Perez just 6th on the Brewers.

Comment

That stings. I too traded a lot for Yelich. I ended up in second place partly because of that deal.

Speaking of deals, I can get Hedbert back for the 10th pick in the prospect draft. Guys in play at that spot likely include Jackson Jobe, Colton Cowswer, Benny Montgomery, and Rodrick Arias. Is he better than that lot? Fantrax is a real outlier on him. Baseball America ranks Perez just 6th on the Brewers.
                  I would prefer Hedbert to the 10th pick. I love the helium on his profile, and having the 2 extra years of professional development time over the FYPD guys, Hedbert gets the edge for me. I haven't looked deeply at this year's new draftees, I've been more focused on pop-up guys, but 10th pick seems more than fair for him.

Comment

I can also get him for picks 19, 22, and Blake Walston. But I am thin right now on prospects, so giving up the 10th pick may be better.

Comment

I can also get him for picks 19, 22, and Blake Walston. But I am thin right now on prospects, so giving up the 10th pick may be better.
                      19 and 22 probably aren't that steep of a drop from 10th, so I'd deal the higher pick and keep the 2 + Walston.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        19 and 22 probably aren't that steep of a drop from 10th, so I'd deal the higher pick and keep the 2 + Walston.
                        Ended up giving 19 and 22, but no Walston. There are some guys I hope will be there at 10, while I also like some guys in the 20 range, I like the deal. Here is hoping the Guardians give some kind of line up support to Ramirez this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X