Jbl hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbl hdid

So, I jumped into Todd's Jerry Beckham League and we just finished the draft.

15 team standard mixed 2CA/1UT Biweekly moves NO trading, FAAB allowed.

I drafted 7th which isn't great but not bad. It put my right in that place where I was probably going to go pitcher 1st and I kind of did--I grabbed Ohtani at 7, with bi weekly, moves I get about 120 IP of a solid arm with high K potential and a top tier bat power/speed combo. Here's the results:

Ca Hasse
    Ca Nola
    1b Hoskins
    3b Rendon
    CI Turner
    2b Urias
    Ss Correa
    MI Brujan (Frazier will start here if Vidal starts in AAA)
    Of Kike
    Of Badr
    Of Castellanos
    Of Judge
    Of Schwarber
    DH Ohtani

Bench: Gabriel Montero/Ca, Frazier/Mi, Cain/Of, Jeremy Pena/SS

SP:

Bieber, Lynn, Darvish, Snell, Ohtani, Lauer, Sixto and Jose Suarez

RP:

Loaisiga, May, Floro, Karinchak

I didn't target saves. I believe I can mine them off the wire in season.

So, I should be good in HR, R and RBI as well as all 4 Pitching Categories. Speed is an issue, but if Brujan comes up and sticks, that might solve it. Rookies Pena, Montero and Brujan are all projected to see time in 22. Avg should be well--Avg. I think I should be competitive and the drat was fun. At the very least it should be interesting. PS, Suzuki wasn't avail in the draft, he might be somebody's entire FAAB if he signs.

So Junkies, How'd I do?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow this is an early draft!

Comment

Looks like a fun team to manage.

Speed and saves are an issue but you already knew that.

Good job.

I hope you keep us posted how you do in this league.

Comment

What is your realistic hope for Montero production in 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          What is your realistic hope for Montero production in 2022?
          I misspelled Moreno, It's Gabriel Moreno Ca Toronto, but I'll assume you were referring to Moreno.

From what i've read, Toronto might actually trade one of Kirk, McGuire or Jansen simply because Moreno has been killing it. For me, he's a wild card/lotto for a mid-season call up. He should hit for Avg, some power which is all I'd want. If he get's called up after say--the break or there's an injury and he somehow gets 150-200 ABs I can see a 6-12 Hr, 30-40 Rbi blip with a very high Avg, .290-300+

Moreno, Pena and Brujan were all--cross my fingers guys, who "should" all be up sometime this season if they don't break camp with the big club (Pena)
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You got in a league where there's no trading? How will you not go crazy?

Seriously, for a really early draft, I like the cut of this team. Great R/HR/RBI base. BA could be anywhere from above average to below average. Looks like you sacrificed saves to get strong starting pitching, and I like the looks of your SPs. A lot. You'll be spending some FAAB on saves, maybe on speed if you can get it.

But this looks like a very competitive team in a 15-team league.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X