Week 13 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's kind of hard to believe the guy who handed off 98% of his plays called a better game.
    You could almost hear Darth Belicheck's laughing on the sideline. No extra DL (heck, even the TV announcers picked up on this by about middle of the 2nd quarter), limited times with extra safety in the box by Buffalo. I mean, why change when they hardly can stop you?

But good point on the RBs - I mean, often they're considered fungible in the NFL today, but Buffalo's are clearly below average, and with their weather conditions, that's something they need to address.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      You could almost hear Darth Belicheck's laughing on the sideline. No extra DL (heck, even the TV announcers picked up on this by about middle of the 2nd quarter), limited times with extra safety in the box by Buffalo. I mean, why change when they hardly can stop you?

But good point on the RBs - I mean, often they're considered fungible in the NFL today, but Buffalo's are clearly below average, and with their weather conditions, that's something they need to address.
      Yeah, you would think with an extreme weather team like Buffalo they would make RB a priority, whether in the draft or free agency, but they haven't in a few years. They have to this offseason, which may come a lot quicker than they had hoped.

Comment

Texans cut Zach Cunningham. Who they prioritized keeping over DeAndre Hopkins. Epic fail.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Texans cut Zach Cunningham. Who they prioritized keeping over DeAndre Hopkins. Epic fail.
          The Texans are a walking epic fail.

I give them props for this cut though. He was showing up late to meetings and wasn’t following Covid protocols so they cut him. Ballsy move.

Comment

And Nick Caserio didn't exactly give 1st year HC David Culley a ringing endorsement when asked if he will return next season.

Comment

And Nick Caserio didn't exactly give 1st year HC David Culley a ringing endorsement when asked if he will return next season.
              Ken's right - Texans ownership and GM are all an epic fail. David Culley, OTOH, has landed two more wins than I thought the Texans would be able to this year already. He has the least offensive skill position quality in the league (and by a wide margin, IMO), and he's squeezed about all he can out of the limited defensive talent he's been given. They're probably just PO'd that Culley hasn't allowed them to tank as successfully as they wanted.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a worse playcalling game than with the Bills last night.

Shortly into the game, everyone watching knew the Pats were not going to throw the ball. That got settled pretty quickly. Yet, Buffalo seemed perplexed as to what NE would do, and they had no answer to stop it. Only in the FOURTH quarter did Buffalo send in their safety to help stop the run, but by then, it was too late.

Then on the other side of the ball, they kept handing it off (which was what NE was doing), except the Bills' RBs are a couple of notches below that of NE's and they couldn't do anything. One had to wonder how McDermott forgot his best RB was actually his QB -- who had all of three run attempts in the first half. Allen's running ability is 10x that of either Singletary, Moss or Breida, but they kept him wrapped up. Instead, even with his arm strength, even Allen couldn't pass the ball, as it sailed all over the place. You would think if they were going to do passes, they would be bubble screens or quick slants, but they constantly ran outside posts, and Allen couldn't control the ball at all.

It's kind of hard to believe the guy who handed off 98% of his plays called a better game.
                And Rob Ninkovich apparently believes the same:

Comment

And Rob Ninkovich apparently believes the same:
                  https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/ex-pat...-in-espn-rant/
                  LOL, that was great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X