What I did on my Rotojunkie Vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did on my Rotojunkie Vacation.

So, I know some folks will say--Who really wants to hear this, but you know me--I say, I want to say it so... read and comment or don't.

First I want to say--Mike...We'll miss you. Such a great guy, such a tremendous loss. Thanks for all the chit chat over the past year, knowing you took the time to humor me in my incessant trade requests with all you were going through.... You're the man. RIP.

So, why was GITH gone in the first place? I thought I knew everything--I did not. The AZ FORENSIC (per Ken) audit came back in favor of Biden... who knew? so, I kept my pledge to Art VandaRacist and went away for a while. It should have only been a month (and thanks for the encouragement to just stay, Chance) BUT I have to uphold my mantra of accountability so.... I left. I also have quit Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (though I keep a Padre burner acct to keep up on moves) I'm MUCH less stressed. I could have returned about a month ago, but hey--you guys got this--no need for me until Padre round up spring 2022.

Recap.

So the Padres collapsed and sucked epic (insert Phallus) causing great sadness in my house and home town. Let's try not to win the off season and concentrate on the regular season in 2022 ok boys?

I cashed in 4 out of my 5 roto leagues. RJEL was scary as I collapsed from 2nd to 6th, but moved into the money at 4th (pissing off the guys I traded my first and second round picks to. (Oh and I'm sure Jessie was all about me missing out*) I'd mortgaged my everything to cash and, whew...I got there. As Revo mentioned, I crawled into the sheets with him in our other league as we tied for 1st. NFBC was a fun gig, I finished 3rd (no money) but I learned quite a bit. 4th and 3rd in 2 other league whil the one league I didn't cash in--I was rebuilding so fantasywise 2021 went according to plan. I've left 2 of my leagues and next year replaced them with Revo's big money league and Zola's JBL league. Here's hoping for a bigger haul in 22.

What did I do with my Fantasy winnings? I took em and went to the WSOP (World Series of Poker) I played 3 tourneys and though I busted in 2, I took 4th in another (not a bracelet event) It was fun as it was the first tourney(s) I'd played in 2 years.

I also have to say...those who think Medicare/Medicaid/Medical is not as good as private insurance--don't know WTF you're talking about. I got Medical in Aug. It December (almost) I have had BOTH my eyes fixed (cataract surgery) I can see as well as I did when I was 21, 20/20-20/40, I had a physical (all good), blood tests, cancer screenings (all good) and was diagnosed with moderate to severe hearing loss, BUT got state of the art hearing aids--all for free and ALL in less than 6 months. I got my Booster just in time for the Omicron surge. So Healthwise--I'm ion the best state I've been in for years (though I HAVE to drop this covid weight) Anyone who can help me ditch 25-35 lbs, your suggestions would be appreciated.

Pam and I enjoyed a quiet thanksgiving, fixin the usual just for ourselves cuz the kids aren't vaxxed so they can't visit (I'm a bad Dad) just chilling knowing we're moving close to DMT (brace yourself) Pam got into all her UC school requests (US Davis, UCSD, UCLA and UC Riverside) BUT she's chosen to go to U of A to peruse her advanced degree in geology--yeah Pam!

Not that it matters, but I don't know Ill be as active outside of Padre info as I've come to the realization--Nothing anyone says really matters a damn bit. People are going to be who they are no matter how odious they might be. SO, Pam and I have decided to look for land, lots of it. So we might build a house far away from asshatland or keep MY ass away from potential conflict (Know Thyself--Socrates). It's cheap in SW AZ (there was a recent lot 40 acres for 75K) and we want to build a self-sustaining place so look for the solar panels and wind turbines...

Other than that--let me say-Congrats to all the winners from 2021's roto jungle, I hope you are all healthy and happy, stay safe and get vaxxed (fuckinullie), enjoy your holidays and I'll be back once the Padres have won the off season again (their coaching choices have been pretty excellent so far)

OK that's it.

PS. Watch 'Get Back' It's amazing.

Thanks RHD for your help, Chance for your hilarious phone calls and Revo for keeping this place going (and pulling the reigns to allow me that tie)

Peace/Out

Yeah I stole that.

Ok I'm done.

But I don't have a cat to chase...

FORENSIC.

(Do I have to pay Ken royalties for that?)

Admit it, ya missed me...........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    So, I know some folks will say--Who really wants to hear this, but you know me--I say, I want to say it so... read and comment or don't.

First I want to say--Mike...We'll miss you. Such a great guy, such a tremendous loss. Thanks for all the chit chat over the past year, knowing you took the time to humor me in my incessant trade requests with all you were going through.... You're the man. RIP.

So, why was GITH gone in the first place? I thought I knew everything--I did not. The AZ FORENSIC (per Ken) audit came back in favor of Biden... who knew? so, I kept my pledge to Art VandaRacist and went away for a while. It should have only been a month (and thanks for the encouragement to just stay, Chance) BUT I have to uphold my mantra of accountability so.... I left. I also have quit Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (though I keep a Padre burner acct to keep up on moves) I'm MUCH less stressed. I could have returned about a month ago, but hey--you guys got this--no need for me until Padre round up spring 2022.

Recap.

So the Padres collapsed and sucked epic (insert Phallus) causing great sadness in my house and home town. Let's try not to win the off season and concentrate on the regular season in 2022 ok boys?

I cashed in 4 out of my 5 roto leagues. RJEL was scary as I collapsed from 2nd to 6th, but moved into the money at 4th (pissing off the guys I traded my first and second round picks to. (Oh and I'm sure Jessie was all about me missing out*) I'd mortgaged my everything to cash and, whew...I got there. As Revo mentioned, I crawled into the sheets with him in our other league as we tied for 1st. NFBC was a fun gig, I finished 3rd (no money) but I learned quite a bit. 4th and 3rd in 2 other league whil the one league I didn't cash in--I was rebuilding so fantasywise 2021 went according to plan. I've left 2 of my leagues and next year replaced them with Revo's big money league and Zola's JBL league. Here's hoping for a bigger haul in 22.

What did I do with my Fantasy winnings? I took em and went to the WSOP (World Series of Poker) I played 3 tourneys and though I busted in 2, I took 4th in another (not a bracelet event) It was fun as it was the first tourney(s) I'd played in 2 years.

I also have to say...those who think Medicare/Medicaid/Medical is not as good as private insurance--don't know WTF you're talking about. I got Medical in Aug. It December (almost) I have had BOTH my eyes fixed (cataract surgery) I can see as well as I did when I was 21, 20/20-20/40, I had a physical (all good), blood tests, cancer screenings (all good) and was diagnosed with moderate to severe hearing loss, BUT got state of the art hearing aids--all for free and ALL in less than 6 months. I got my Booster just in time for the Omicron surge. So Healthwise--I'm ion the best state I've been in for years (though I HAVE to drop this covid weight) Anyone who can help me ditch 25-35 lbs, your suggestions would be appreciated.

Pam and I enjoyed a quiet thanksgiving, fixin the usual just for ourselves cuz the kids aren't vaxxed so they can't visit (I'm a bad Dad) just chilling knowing we're moving close to DMT (brace yourself) Pam got into all her UC school requests (US Davis, UCSD, UCLA and UC Riverside) BUT she's chosen to go to U of A to peruse her advanced degree in geology--yeah Pam!

Not that it matters, but I don't know Ill be as active outside of Padre info as I've come to the realization--Nothing anyone says really matters a damn bit. People are going to be who they are no matter how odious they might be. SO, Pam and I have decided to look for land, lots of it. So we might build a house far away from asshatland or keep MY ass away from potential conflict (Know Thyself--Socrates). It's cheap in SW AZ (there was a recent lot 40 acres for 75K) and we want to build a self-sustaining place so look for the solar panels and wind turbines...

Other than that--let me say-Congrats to all the winners from 2021's roto jungle, I hope you are all healthy and happy, stay safe and get vaxxed (fuckinullie), enjoy your holidays and I'll be back once the Padres have won the off season again (their coaching choices have been pretty excellent so far)

OK that's it.

PS. Watch 'Get Back' It's amazing.

Thanks RHD for your help, Chance for your hilarious phone calls and Revo for keeping this place going (and pulling the reigns to allow me that tie)

Peace/Out

Yeah I stole that.

Ok I'm done.

But I don't have a cat to chase...

FORENSIC.

(Do I have to pay Ken royalties for that?)

Admit it, ya missed me...........
    Hodor ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Almost hate to say it, but it'll be good to have you back. The place is getting a little too laid back these days, it needs someone to rile it up.

Glad to hear your health is on the uptick, amazing what regular care can do for you. Currently recovering from Prostate Cancer myself, but things are looking on the upswing.

BTW, we'll have a regular little Tucson area mafia soon, I'll be moving down there probably in February or March, so a meetup is most definitely in the cards...I suspect it'll look something like a quick cut western at the poker table where everyone is wary and somewhat distrustful of the others, until we have a few beers.

Keep stirring the pot...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Welcome back GITH. What do you think of the Padres hiring Bob Melvin as manager?
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Hodor ?
          LMFAO.

I'd totally forgotten about that...BTW I tried the recipe for that bean salad. I used the original ingredients (sumac) and added the Paprika. It's wonderful a couple of days after you make it as the flavors all kind of evolve into one another. Of course, as with other recipes I've tried that you have posted, I made WAY too much. But again--thanks for the tip, I'll be trying it again, probably using cilantro rather than Parsley to give is some heat.

Hope you've been having some fun!

see ya in RJEL (I'll be a spectator this season)
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Almost hate to say it, but it'll be good to have you back. The place is getting a little too laid back these days, it needs someone to rile it up.

Glad to hear your health is on the uptick, amazing what regular care can do for you. Currently recovering from Prostate Cancer myself, but things are looking on the upswing.

BTW, we'll have a regular little Tucson area mafia soon, I'll be moving down there probably in February or March, so a meetup is most definitely in the cards...I suspect it'll look something like a quick cut western at the poker table where everyone is wary and somewhat distrustful of the others, until we have a few beers.

Keep stirring the pot...
            Yeah, I'm probably gonna avoid that for a while longer, I mean what can I say that will add to the conversation outside of a bit of controversial banter? Who knows, maybe if there's a subject I really feel strongly about...

DMT was talking about starting a west coast RJ league and now that you'll be down the road, it might actually work! We're moving after the semester--In June sometime. Like I said, we'll eventually buy and build if we settle there, but in the short term we'll probably rent. Still hoping to find a small place on some land as we've been a bit Closterphobic in our current place (too many neighbors way too close.)

I'm looking forward to the quick draw whiskey shot shoot-out...It's always fun to meet an RJer in person, even if afterward you realize you have nothing in common. It's especially cool when you find you do enjoy the company as it creates a great opportunity to make a RL RJ pal.

BUT I'm still gonna sit with my back to the wall....

Hope you're doing better, take care of yourself.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Welcome back GITH. What do you think of the Padres hiring Bob Melvin as manager?
              I really love that they hired him, Niebla as well. They seem to be taking a very solid approach to this offseason rather than going for the glamor moves. Fraizer was traded today clearing 7 million. I know they're touting Hosmer as a Padre they want in 2022, but I just can't see him being on the roster come opening day. I have some other thoughts, but I'll save em for the Padre thread and start in after the CBA expires next week.

Hope you're doing well and staying safe......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                LMFAO.

I'd totally forgotten about that...BTW I tried the recipe for that bean salad. I used the original ingredients (sumac) and added the Paprika. It's wonderful a couple of days after you make it as the flavors all kind of evolve into one another. Of course, as with other recipes I've tried that you have posted, I made WAY too much. But again--thanks for the tip, I'll be trying it again, probably using cilantro rather than Parsley to give is some heat.

Hope you've been having some fun!

see ya in RJEL (I'll be a spectator this season)
                Glad you liked the recipe ! I need to make that again.
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  What he said.

Good to hear all is well. Sounds like exciting times with the move.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                  X