How many games will there be in 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many games will there be in 2022?

How optimistic / pessimistic are you feeling?
    162, this will all get resolved in time for a normal season
    0%
    162 but they'll start late & have a ton of doubleheaders
    0%
    100-161
    0%
    1-99
    0%
    0 - write the season off.
    0%
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I voted 100-161. The 7 inning doubleheader could be a part of a late/short season. These work stoppages result in a net loss of fans and while I doubt they are talking about that at the table, hopefully they negotiate with some urgency.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

On the one hand, I'm thinking they CANNOT BE THIS STUPID to destroy another season just one year removed from the self-inflicted covid disaster that was the 2020 season.

On the other hand, this is Rob Manfred we're talking about, who makes Bud Selig look like Kenesaw Mountain Landis.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        On the one hand, I'm thinking they CANNOT BE THIS STUPID to destroy another season just one year removed from the self-inflicted covid disaster that was the 2020 season.

On the other hand, this is Rob Manfred we're talking about, who makes Bud Selig look like Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
        And Rob Manfred is a mental giant compared to some of these ownership groups. And to be fully fair, while I'd blame the owners for most of the issues, the players union has not covered themselves in glory and brilliance during the last two negotiations, either.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X