HS football 106-0...yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    They can cry about bad sportsmanship all they want, Morningside is the HS where Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in 16 minutes of play and caused the other team to quit at half-time.

https://www.247liveculture.com/sport...gh-school-game
    Here is another link to that game. At least the losing team scored 24 to make it competitive....I guess

Lisa Leslie of Inglewood Morningside High School scored 101 points in only 16 minutes Wednesday night against South Torrance, but any opportunity she had to break the national record of 105 points was eliminated when the basketball game was called at halftime because the opponents refused to play.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just can't imagine that if I was the coach and winning by 50-0 that I would keep the pedal down for any reason. Just doesn't seem right. What is the point ?
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I was getting really pissed earlier this year during my son's baseball game. We were losing like 14-1 or something like that and the other team was still stealing third (which is permitted at this level, but basically a free base - they didn't have to encourage the kids to keep stealing third). Not to mention that there is a 5-run limit on scoring per inning, so we mathematically could not come back and win. I also had to deal with parents on my own team saying that an umpire calling a hit a ground rule double was BULLSHIT. Why you feel the need to scream bullshit at a 3rd and 4th grade baseball game is beyond me. I think they were suggesting that I should have gone and argued with the teenager who was umping. Basically what I learned is parents are largely crazy and way too competitive about youth sports.
        the game that really pissed me off was when the other team was up 20-0 in the second quarter and had their best player at halfcourt ready to steal the ball when my team tried to cross over (since full court press was illegal). Always fun to humiliate 4th grade players who aren't anywhere near as good as your team's players.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          the game that really pissed me off was when the other team was up 20-0 in the second quarter and had their best player at halfcourt ready to steal the ball when my team tried to cross over (since full court press was illegal). Always fun to humiliate 4th grade players who aren't anywhere near as good as your team's players.
          Should have just allowed the full court press so your team wouldn't get their hopes up

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Should have just allowed the full court press so your team wouldn't get their hopes up
            Exactly...one step further, we could have all slept in and not showed up !
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just can't imagine that if I was the coach and winning by 50-0 that I would keep the pedal down for any reason. Just doesn't seem right. What is the point ?
              I agree. Well, other than replace "doesn't seem" with "isn't".
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This is the lesson that coach was trying to teach all those kids:

Comment

One of my old firms joined a basketball league that we: a) thought was coed and b) thought was very low key and chill. It was neither. One game we played this team was full court pressing when we had a starting 5 of two girls who had never played before, a guy who played DIII, but was in his 70s, and then me and another guy, neither of whom would be confused with Michael Jordan. At one point they were up about 30 in the first quarter and still pressing so in order to “beat the press,” I opted for a baseball pass. It just so happened to hit a guy directly in the nuts, completely incidental. Not surprisingly, the full court press stopped after that. It was awesome.

Comment

Sports don't build character, they reveal it.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                    X