RIP Sea Dog Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sea Dog Stat

I can’t believe this. Mike Beveridge passed away on Wednesday from Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. His sister called me just a few minutes ago to tell me the sad news.

He kept it to himself since he was diagnosed in December. His sister said it progressed from Stage 1 to Stage 4 in just the last two months.

RIP Sea Dog, you will be missed.

Terrible news.

RIP Sea Dog.

Comment

Awful, awful. SeaDogStat aka Mike was really one of the best dudes around. Feeling crushed about this news.

RIP SDS
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. How old was he? RIP Sea Dog Stat.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sad to hear. I didnt really get to know him at all but I'll always remember the GIF w the smiling hippo slapping his belly (I hope I got that right). RIP.

Comment

A hell of a guy, a hell of a loss...he was a fun guy to be in leagues with, a good competitor, but always with a sense of humor. RIP Mike, you'll be missed...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

That sucks RIP Mike.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It was so strange. We were ribbing him in RJ Pay for Play League because he hadn't set his lineup in a few weeks. A few of us tried getting ahold of him, and finally he sent me an email on Wednesday:

Hey Ed,

Shoot me a text when you get a chance. It's been a tough couple of weeks up here in vacationland (and i wish i was just talkin' 'bout my 2021 FFB season lol...)

Dobbins/Najee&#1 trade... Russell Wilson (inj)

ok... done whining about 2021 FFB

Bev

So I texted him. A few times. Last time this morning. (Obviously) no response. I joked that he was as good at texting as he was at setting his lineup.

Then I get a call, from what I thought was him, while I was out trick or treating with the kids. I listened to the message and it was his sister, who called from his phone and asked that I call her. After that, I sensed something was very much awry. When I spoke to her, she told me he died that very same day he sent the email. I suspected, after hearing that, that maybe he took his own life, as I knew he was divorced and well, just made a terrible momentary assumption. Obviously, there is no indication at all in his message that he was gravely ill. In fact, he was joking around. I never expected to hear that it was Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which as we all know, is pretty much a death sentence.

Hornsby did recall that he mentioned he was in the hospital for a few days a couple of months back, but again, no indication that it was anything major.

Just a terrible loss.

Comment

rip

Comment

Ugh, I’m Facebook friends with him but you never would have known. Terrible. RIP Mike.

Comment

Damn.

Hug your kids, hold your partner's hand a bit tighter today ... Life really is precious.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Aw man....that's awful news His birthday is later this week

Comment

I didn't know him, but I'm still saddened to learn the world lost another good one. It seems as though he left behind a legacy of positive impacts and fond memories, which is the very best we can all strive for.

Comment

Oh no, he will be missed.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

That's terrible, and especially awful for his family to lose him so early.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X