Who wants to see a 500 yrd drive?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to see a 500 yrd drive?!

That reminds me of the longest home run ever hit.

While playing for the Milwaukee Braves AA affiliate Atlanta Crackers in 1954, Bob Montag hit a monster 450-foot home run over the right field wall. The ball landed in a coal car of a passing train. Days later, a fireman aboard that train appeared in Atlanta. He presented the ball to Bob and told him he recovered it from the coal car. The fireman told him the train the ball had landed on that day traveled from Atlanta to Nashville, TN and back for a 518-mile round trip.

That would mean that home run blast was 518-miles and 450-feet! Clearly the longest home run in baseball history!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      That reminds me of the longest home run ever hit.

While playing for the Milwaukee Braves AA affiliate Atlanta Crackers in 1954, Bob Montag hit a monster 450-foot home run over the right field wall. The ball landed in a coal car of a passing train. Days later, a fireman aboard that train appeared in Atlanta. He presented the ball to Bob and told him he recovered it from the coal car. The fireman told him the train the ball had landed on that day traveled from Atlanta to Nashville, TN and back for a 518-mile round trip.

That would mean that home run blast was 518-miles and 450-feet! Clearly the longest home run in baseball history!
      Never heard this story. Good one.

Thank you for posting it.

Comment

A dude I have never heard of hit a legit 412 yard drive in the PGA this year. The reigning long drive champ's drive was 474 yards!!!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
        X