Semien for Swanson, Moreno and a 1st rd prospect pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semien for Swanson, Moreno and a 1st rd prospect pick

I have this offer on the table in my 15 team mixed league. Normally, I accept an offer if I am getting the best player, but I need a nudge here, as I feel like Semien is sure to regress and I think Swanson has a little more growth in him. I'm always a fan of Gabriel Moreno. The pick would be #10 overall, but I'd still have three 1st round picks (I've traded depth for them).

Swanson is $13 for the next three years.
    Semien is $22 for the next two years.

It comes down to how much Semien regresses and how much Swanson improves, and is the spread on them worth losing the pick, Moreno and the extra year of Swanson.

I countered offering the 17th pick instead of the 10th or swapping Campusano for Moreno, but he is holding the line so far. I probably like Swanson and Moreno more than I should.

Comment

I'd personally grab Semien, but the Swanson side isn't bad if you're high on Moreno. I'm not in the Semien regression camp, though. Yeah, he had a tough COVID year, but in '21, there's encouraging signs for continuing to deliver really good numbers - strong FB rate, lower GB rate, really good barrel rate. And he's in a studly lineup and in a good hitting park (especially compared to Oakland). And Semien managed to get 21 games in at SS, so he's 2B and SS eligible.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's close but I lean towards the Semien side. I would project something like the 2019 numbers after some slight regression, but that's still solid.

Comment

Semien is a FA and playing in TOR with that line-up helps his numbers so depending on where he lands or stay in TOR could make a difference. I like Swanson too but he is a very streaky hitter. As the other two posters said I probably stick with Semien unless you are a believer that Swanson will have improve more.

Comment

I caved. I ended up giving Swanson, Moreno, and Roasney Contreras. I like Contreras, but he had arm issues and I think I can land a better/safer prospect with that 10th overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I caved. I ended up giving Swanson, Moreno, and Roasney Contreras. I like Contreras, but he had arm issues and I think I can land a better/safer prospect with that 10th overall pick.
              Solid deal for you, IMO. And agree on Contreras.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X