Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 6 Thread

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Should be Herbert, he out-carried Williams last week.

Chris Carson out.
    It is Herbert. It will be interesting to see if he catches any passes.

I wonder if the Bears will stick to the ground game and short passes or if they will try to exploit the Packer's Corners (not healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    It is Herbert. It will be interesting to see if he catches any passes.

I wonder if the Bears will stick to the ground game and short passes or if they will try to exploit the Packer's Corners (not healthy).
    Herbert looked pretty good. He's explosive, has decent hands, made good reads for someone who hadn't played. He doesn't have the power of the other Bears backs, but I could see Herbert filling a Tarik Cohen role really well.

Per the game, Aaron Rodgers just made up with Packers fans en masse by trolling Bears fans in the corner of the end zone. And, yes, he does own the Bears.

P.S. As it turns out, I know the guy who went into the Bears Wikipedia team page and changed Team Owner to "Aaron Rodgers".
    Last edited by chancellor; 10-17-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Other thoughts from Sunday:

- By all accounts, Urban Meyer screws up, embarrasses himself and the Jags franchise, and will presumably have lost the locker room. The Jags then travel to London and play their guts out for their first win. Sith Lord of Motivation he is.
    - If the Dolphins want to win...well, there's lots to do. Probably starting at QB.
    - Jaylon Smith has an interesting combination of great athletic ability with awful football instincts.
    - I feel really badly for revo. The Giants are brutally bad. Daniel Jones is a seriously tough dude; he's taking a beating every single week.
    - Arizona is just steamrolling right now. And they've just clobbered some good teams - dominating Tennessee, Cleveland, and the Rams. Head coach unavailable for the game, no problem, they just crushed Cleveland. And the Browns defense is pretty good. The game in a week and a half against the Packers will be a big one, and I think the Cards are going to simply torch my Packers. Hope I'm wrong, but we won't be able to get away with a makeshift secondary against the Cards.
    - The Dallas-NE fourth quarter was about as insane as a quarter as I've ever seen.
    - Much as many have given Jerry Jones crap for his GM moves in the past, including me on this board, he's assembled a very talented team over the past three years.
    - Yeah, the Steelers got out with a win, but when you barely scrape by against an offense led by Geno Smith, that's not good.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    - Jaylon Smith has an interesting combination of great athletic ability with awful football instincts.
    I'd agree but also add that the permanent damage to his leg has significantly hampered his ability to utilize that athletic ability. He cannot make cuts and changes in directions like the majority of the other players on the field *despite* being more gifted athletically.

Kareem Hunt out 4-6 weeks with a calf strain