Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Gruden Resigns

Wowza

Raiders promote assistant coach and special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia to interim head coach.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gruden would be a decent offensive coordinator. Bad head coach. Horrendous talent evaluator.

But I never thought his ego would permit him to resign.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Gruden would be a decent offensive coordinator. Bad head coach. Horrendous talent evaluator.

But I never thought his ego would permit him to resign.
        I doubt he had much of a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I doubt he had much of a choice.
          I agree, this was very likely a "resign immediately or you are fired", and his ego wouldn't let him be fired given the choice.

Comment

Man, the Gruden news just gets worse and worse. What a horrible person. Totally antithetical to the legacy of the Raiders.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Man, the Gruden news just gets worse and worse. What a horrible person. Totally antithetical to the legacy of the Raiders.
              What news dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                What news dropped?
                I'm not exactly sure what dropped when, but I didn't realize the scope of Gruden's awfulness. It wasn't just a racist email against a black dude, it was also crazy homophobic awfulness (complaining about drafting a "queer" like Michael Sam --- how do you think that makes Carl Nassib feel?), misogyny, and, perhaps the worst thing of all, sending nude pictures of cheerleaders that were taken without their consent to their employer. I bet there's a bunch more, too. Much of it is just casual bro-culture bigotry, but some of it is much worse.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what dropped when, but I didn't realize the scope of Gruden's awfulness. It wasn't just a racist email against a black dude, it was also crazy homophobic awfulness (complaining about drafting a "queer" like Michael Sam --- how do you think that makes Carl Nassib feel?), misogyny, and, perhaps the worst thing of all, sending nude pictures of cheerleaders that were taken without their consent to their employer. I bet there's a bunch more, too. Much of it is just casual bro-culture bigotry, but some of it is much worse.
                  Ah, yeah that all came out before he resigned.

For the original part (racism), he apologized to the team and it looked like he was going keep coaching. When the next set of emails dropped it was over.

I thought you were commenting that there was something new AFTER the resignation. I misread it.

Comment

How did they get naked (I read topless) pictures of cheerleaders without their consent? Wouldn't that be grounds for criminal charges?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      How did they get naked (I read topless) pictures of cheerleaders without their consent? Wouldn't that be grounds for criminal charges?
                      I was conflating naked with topless. Not 100% sure what went down but here's an article about it.

Comment

People around Mark Davis have supposedly told him that this is all a precursor to the NFL going after him, too. I don't know that I disagree with that. He seems really upset about the Gruden situation, that's for sure.

Comment

Well, I think I get why Mark Davis is angry now. No additional punishment for Washington.

Goddell money quote:
                          "I do think he's been held accountable for it. I think the organization has been held accountable and I think we've given an unprecedented fine. Dan Snyder has not been involved with the organization now for almost four months.
                          Translation: We got Snyder to hire an intern to leak the information we wanted leaked to the press to hose the owner we don't like, costing the Raiders at least double the fine we gave Washington. Remember this other owners: Screw with me and I will get you back, even a generation later. Have my back, and I will bury all the bad stuff. Heck, I'll even put your crazy wife in charge.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not sure where the Henry Ruggs discussion is but it was just released in the coroner’s report that the woman he killed survived the initial impact and then burned to death afterwards. Jesus.

Comment

Raiders fired GM Mike Mayock who was hired straight out of the TV booth and proceeded to put up a Matt Millen-esque performance as GM. To be fair, it was hard to tell where Gruden ended and Mayock began, I suppose. Still, of Mayock's five first round picks, only two are even on the roster anymore and both of them (Leatherwood and Clelin Ferrell) are complete busts. The Raiders are said to be looking into the availability of Joe Buck for their now-open GM spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X