Jon Gruden Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Raiders fired GM Mike Mayock who was hired straight out of the TV booth and proceeded to put up a Matt Millen-esque performance as GM. To be fair, it was hard to tell where Gruden ended and Mayock began, I suppose. Still, of Mayock's five first round picks, only two are even on the roster anymore and both of them (Leatherwood and Clelin Ferrell) are complete busts. The Raiders are said to be looking into the availability of Joe Buck for their now-open GM spot.
    Wait that’s not right. Regardless, Mayock wasn’t a good GM.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reports sources at Michigan "think" coach Jim Harbaugh would take the Raiders' head-coaching job if it is offered to him.

As Feldman notes, Harbaugh started his coaching career under owner Mark Davis' father, Al, as the Raiders' QBs coach back in 2002. He also has ties to the Vegas area after meeting his wife in the city.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reports sources at Michigan "think" coach Jim Harbaugh would take the Raiders' head-coaching job if it is offered to him.

As Feldman notes, Harbaugh started his coaching career under owner Mark Davis' father, Al, as the Raiders' QBs coach back in 2002. He also has ties to the Vegas area after meeting his wife in the city.
        Harbaugh would be a good get.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

What could have been:

Appearing on UFC 278 over the weekend, UFC president Dana White revealed that ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden "blew the deal up" that White had arranged for Las Vegas to sign both Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski prior to the 2020 season.

This story rocked Twitter over the weekend. Gronkowski is now part of the UFC broadcasts in his retirement, and White was on the air with him Saturday during the Santos-Gordon fight. As White tells the story, he "worked to put that deal together" for Brady and Gronk to go to the Raiders, and "it was almost a done deal." But, as White says and Gronkowski confirmed, "At the last minute, Gruden blew the deal up and said that he didn't want them. And all hell broke loose." Brady was so set on going to Vegas, according to White, that he was already looking for houses. "I was never going to tell that story until Gronk just said it," White explained. "That is exactly what happened," Gronkowski reiterated. Instead, Brady and Gronk went to the Bucs and won a Super Bowl there. Gruden is now out of the league.

(Source: Sportscenter on Twitter)
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And Alex Leatherwood, first round pick just last year, is cut.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              And Alex Leatherwood, first round pick just last year, is cut.
              This seems like fake news, no one can possibly be named Alex Leatherwood
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I'm actually bummed that he didn't play regularly since that's like the best football name I've heard in about 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  It's like that old George Carlin skit, where he opens the fridge but can't identify one item: "Could be meat? Could be cake? Looks like Meatcake?"

Could be leather? Could be wood? Looks like Leatherwood!

Comment

[QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;429525]This seems like fake news, no one can possibly be named Alex Leatherwood[/QUO

The Bears claimed him and picked up his $5.6M guaranteed contract.

I am pretty excited that he can develop into a very good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

The Bears claimed him and picked up his $5.6M guaranteed contract.

I am pretty excited that he can develop into a very good addition.
                      You saw that he was a Raiders draft pick right?

Comment

We could have assembled a panel of half a dozen RJers, ordered cases of beer and multiple pizzas, and done a lot better than that. Even after drinking most of the beer.

Comment

Working...
                        X