Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.05 Bring it on Home
    Album: Led Zeppelin II

Plant gets down to the roots of Zep with the down-home blues man vocals (a tribute to Sonny Boy Williamson) until...Page crushes your soul with one of the most iconic Zeppelin riffs of all time (at 1:44) and Bonzo starts slamming the snares like nobody else can. People say this song is underrated. I say it is one of the top Zep songs ever recorded. I bet you are humming that riff for the rest of the day.

Comment

2.06 Dazed And Confused, Led Zeppelin

My introduction to Led Zeppelin. I mean, c'mon, you never forget the first time, right?

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

2.07 What Is and What Should Never Be

Back in the day, the coolest of our little group managed to wrangle a copy of Led Zeppelin's newest release, probably begging his older sister to take him to town to buy it. We gathered for a listening session, and I still remember being absolutely blown away by the opening cut. But almost as mesmerizing was the second song, with the improbable title "What Is and What Should Never Be".
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

2.08-Going to California

Comment

2.09 The Song Remains The Same

Comment

2.10 How Many More Times

A mashup of pieces Jimmy had from the Yardbirds with some old blues tunes. And the bow! What a stomper!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

3.01. Heartbreaker

I had 3 songs that I wanted here, but this one is least likely to make it through 18 more picks, I think.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

3.02 Misty Mountain Hop

Comment

3.03-Boogie with Stu

Comment

3.04 Communication Breakdown

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

3.05 In My Time of Dying, Physical Graffiti

I don't even know how to describe this song, but I do really like it.

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

3.06 Moby Dick
                          Album: Led Zeppelin II

Imagine you are a great session guitarist and you are looking for a lead vocalist. You stumble onto this guy named Plant, and he says sure...and I know a great drummer too. The rest is history. Sit back, relax and marvel at this 15-minute live version of perhaps the greatest to ever do it.

Comment

3.07 - D'yer Mak'er - Houses of the Holy

Comment

3.08 Since I've Been Loving You

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

3.09 Over The Hills and Far Away

Comment

Working...
                                X