• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Disappointing end for Sox fans.

Not very competitive in this series.
    no kidding, I expected more from them

in a way I prefer how the Jays went out on the last day of the regular season, as opposed to losing in a wildcard or short series ... somehow seems more hopeful for next year
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

LaRussa was the wrong person for this team from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        heh, methinks you missed the joke brother. If you think my banter with umjewman is ever serious you should look at the history of our back and forth - the guy is hilarious and I can't help play along.

I thought the Steve 2.0 thing made that obvious but maybe you don't make your way into the other forums to be familiar with that one.

Suffice to say, you completely misunderstood.
        Aw, he likes me, he really likes me!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          I'm no LaRussa fan, but I can't see how this year is his fault. None of the main bullpen pitchers went over 71 innings for the year; all the starters had their innings load pretty well managed. He handled hitting management pretty well, too, given that Jimenez, Robert, and Madrigal all missed half to two-thirds of the season. And Anderson even missed a significant chunk of time.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Putting Leury Garcia in RF in game 2 was the turning point in this series. Terrible move.

Comment

You guys are killin' me here...unless I missed Leury Garcia being a starting pitcher, how are we blaming he and LaRussa for the series loss? I mean, c'mon, it's not LaRussa's fault all four starters essentially went in the tank, and the White Sox could only bash their way to one win.

The White Sox were already losing when Garcia misplayed the ball in Game 2, and he had nothing to do with Hendricks giving up three more runs.

Comment

He refused to use a shift.

He misplayed Kimbrel and his closer.

Are the two biggest things that SCORE is talking about today.

Comment

Meh…I mean, I hate defending LaRussa, but those are trivial compared to every starter going in the tank. I could see the argument if he’s rode Giolito and Lynn like rented mules in the regular season, but that wasn’t the case. Nor did he abuse the bullpen. All these guys should have been ready. But with a few exceptions, they were all awful. I mean, Lynn lost game 1, Giolito wasn’t good in game 2, and Rodon didn’t even come close to hanging with McCullers - on short rest - in game 4.

That doesn’t mean the White Sox shouldn’t look for a new coach - they really should, IMO- but blaming him for the playoff failure just makes no sense.

Comment

chance is right, nobody wants to defend LaRussa, but this was a team failure. But haters are going to hate, so there will be a lot of fingers pointing at the skipper. I personally blame John Cusack. Makes almost as much sense.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      chance is right, nobody wants to defend LaRussa, but this was a team failure. But haters are going to hate, so there will be a lot of fingers pointing at the skipper. I personally blame John Cusack. Makes almost as much sense.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        Maybe the Astros were just a significantly better team than the White Sox?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Invisible trash cans is my guess.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                          X