Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Matz to the Cards 4/$44M. Wow.
    Is that a good wow or a bad wow? $11m/yr doesn't seem too out of whack for a mid-rotation starter, considering a journeyman reliever like Aaron Loup just got $7.5m/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Is that a good wow or a bad wow? $11m/yr doesn't seem too out of whack for a mid-rotation starter, considering a journeyman reliever like Aaron Loup just got $7.5m/yr.
      Bad wow. It's not the AAV, it's the years. Matz has really only been even a passable pitcher (> 1 WAR) twice and is more often sucking, injured, or both. I'd have preferred to offer him a higher AAV with fewer years, like one or maybe two. Pitching market seems to be very much en fuego right now, though.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Pirates re-sign 1B/OF Yoshi Tsutsugo for 1 year/$4 million.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Canha to the Mets. I'm guess Conforto is not coming back.

Comment

They landed Marte and Escobar too. With Marte, Canha, and Escobar on board, the offense should be pretty good. Not sure who gets bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              They landed Marte and Escobar too. With Marte, Canha, and Escobar on board, the offense should be pretty good. Not sure who gets bumped.
              Starling Marte: 4 years/$78 million
              Mark Canha: 2 years/$28.5 million
              Eduardo Escobar: 2 years/$20 million
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Rays acquired 2B prospect Ronny Simon from the Diamondbacks for OF Jordan Luplow. Because the Rays needed another 2B prospect.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Dom Smith is now out of a FT job with no prospects for one on this team. JD Davis also appears to be on the outs. Also, Javy Baez's prospects for re-signing took a hit, barring any other moves the Mets may make.

Comment

Mariners acquire 2B/OF Adam Frazier from the Padres for LHP Ray Kerr and OF Corey Rosier.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Red Sox sign RHP Michael Wacha for 1 year/$7 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Reds sign former Dodger 3B prospect Cristian Santana to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hector Neris signs a 2-yr deal with the Astros

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Hector Neris signs a 2-yr deal with the Astros
                            For $17 million. It still amazes me how much relief pitchers get paid. It just shows how much teams rely on them these days.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Blue Jays sign RP Yimi Garcia.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Blue Jays sign RP Yimi Garcia.
                                2 year, $11M. Hopefully he can regain his 2020 form & work in the 7th & 8th.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X