Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Stroman to the Cubs
    Good start. The Cubs are like the owner who is quiet for the first 2 rounds of an auction, has tons of money, and still puts together a star studded team. They have too much money and pedigree to not go into next season with a competitive team. The biggest names are gone but there is still tons of high end talent out there.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Padres sign 31 year-old RHP Nick Martínez for 4 years/$20 million.

Martinez had a 1.62 ERA and 146/39 K/BB ratio across 149 2/3 innings for the SoftBank Hawks in Japan this past season. He also starred for Team USA during the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
      Jon Heyman of MLB Network notes that the paperwork for Nick Martinez's reported four-year, $20 million deal with the Padres did not get filed before the lockout began Wednesday at midnight.

That means that Martinez is still technically a free agent, though the expectation is that the contract will be finalized once MLB and the MLBPA reach a new collective bargaining agreement.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Orioles sign RHP Jordan Lyles for 1 year/$7 million.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Orioles sign RHP Jordan Lyles for 1 year/$7 million.
          BWI will need to reroute airline traffic from the airport when he pitches. Missiles will be flying out of Camden Yards at an alarming rate.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Yup - here's more detail: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...radley-jr.html

I'm pretty surprised - the Brewer organization was very high on David Hamilton; more than one considered him the future Lorenzo Cain. I'm not gonna complain at all, though. Right field in Milwaukee is a lot easier to play than Fenway, and Renfroe's bat will play very well in Milwaukee. The Brewers get out of $17.5 MM of JBJ contract money, of which $8 MM would be dead money in a buyout next year.

Leave it to David Stearns to pull off a deal about two breaths before his boss votes for a lockout.
            Yeah, great move for the Brewers. Head scratcher for the Red Sox, though the Hamilton insight helps me understand it some.

Comment

• Dodgers sign RP Daniel Hudson for 1 year/$7 million plus a $6.5 million club option for 2023.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• On the good news front: Jeremy Jeffress is trying out for teams. He had a major mental health setback during COVID, and was out all this year. Good to see he's managed to get better and is still able to pitch.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  On the good news front: Jeremy Jeffress is trying out for teams. He had a major mental health setback during COVID, and was out all this year. Good to see he's managed to get better and is still able to pitch.
                  I hadn't heard that. Hope he is doing better now...pitching in MLB would be a bonus
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jeeho Yoo of Yonhap News Agency in South Korea reports that OF Yasiel Puig has signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Kiwoom Heroes of the Korean Baseball Organization.

Puig will reportedly receive the KBO's maximum salary for a first-year foreign player after spending last season playing for Veracruz in the Mexican League. The 31-year-old former big-league outfielder had a deal in place with the Braves back in 2020, but wound up never signing after testing positive for COVID-19. He last appeared in the majors with Cleveland back in 2019.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yankees sign OF Ender Inciarte to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mets hire Buck Showalter as their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The A's hire Mark Kotsay as their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Zach Koons -With Major League Baseball in the midst of a lockout, the league’s official network decided to make a notable change to ring in the new year, parting ways with well-renowned insider Ken Rosenthal.

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, MLB Network cut ties with Rosenthal recently. It’s believed that the separation stems back to the summer of 2020 when the reporter criticized commissioner Rob Manfred.

Comment

• and I'm cutting ties with MLB Network (didn't watch it much anyhow)

Comment

• I have a parachute for you Jason.

Well, it's a something chute.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X