Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Seiya Suzuki to the Padres for 5 yrs
    I haven't read this anywhere else. Is this a contract or a penal sentence?

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
      I haven't read this anywhere else. Is this a contract or a penal sentence?
      Yeah interesting, some beat writer posted it on twitter but I guess he jumped the gun.

Dan Vogelbach to the Bucs

Comment

• Rizzo back to the Yanks
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Rizzo back to the Yanks
          Miyagi-Doh!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Schwarber to the Phillies

Comment

• Reds trade Amir Garrett to Royals for Mike Minor
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Braves sign Alex Dickerson and Eddie Rosario

Comment

• Rockies about to sign Kris Bryant

Edit: 7 years, $182 million --- wow!

Comment

Rockies about to sign Kris Bryant

For real, wow. He got more than the superior Matt Olson. Surprising the Rockies targeted him to pay big of all people, after they paid up for Nolan and quickly got cold feet about it and moved him. I predict them paying someone to take Bryant by the end of this contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      For real, wow. He got more than the superior Matt Olson. Surprising the Rockies targeted him to pay big of all people, after they paid up for Nolan and quickly got cold feet about it and moved him. I predict them paying someone to take Bryant by the end of this contract.
                      Yeah, but Arenado wasn't the problem, the supporting cast was. Maybe this time if they sign the right FA's and some prospects work out, they could have the core to support an albatross contract or two.

But I still think they're too far away to start their contention window. Very few impactful building blocks in the cupboard, on mlb or the farm. I'd put the chances of them paying someone to take Bryant at 50/50.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Such a Rockies move.

Comment

• Giants sign Joc Attack

Comment

Rockies about to sign Kris Bryant

Did anyone read if they said they plan to play Bryant at third or OF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Did anyone read if they said they plan to play Bryant at third or OF?
                              Patrick Saunders suggested "Bryant most likely fits the Rockies in left field, although he could also play right field if the Rockies decided to use Blackmon as their primary designated hitter."

Comment

• Pretty big boost to Bryant's fantasy value

Comment

Working...
                                X