No announcement yet.

Drafting the first two rounds of 2022.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting the first two rounds of 2022.

This was part of an email that CBS sent to me. I thought it interesting.

I am not sure I wouldn't take Trout down a few spots.

Drafting the first two rounds for 2022
    Scott White had a fun idea to draft the first two rounds as if it were March of 2022 to get a feel for how your draft might look this spring. Where will Bryce Harper go now? Will anyone have faith in Marcus Semien? And a lot more fun Fantasy speculation. You can find that entire article here.

Round 1:
    • Fernando Tatis, SS
    • Ronald Acuna, OF
    • Vlad Guerrero, 1B
    • Juan Soto, OF
    • Shohei Ohtani, DH
    • Trea Turner, 2B
    • Jose Ramirez, 3B
    • Bryce Harper, OF
    • Mike Trout, OF
    • Bo Bichette, SS
    • Jacob deGrom, SP
    • Freddie Freeman, 1B
    Round 2:
    • Mookie Betts, OF
    • Gerrit Cole, SP
    • Max Scherzer, SP
    • Corbin Burnes, SP
    • Walker Buehler, SP
    • Brandon Woodruff, SP
    • Kyle Tucker, OF
    • Marcus Semien, 2B
    • Shane Bieber, SP
    • Zach Wheeler, sp
    • Luis Robert, OF
    • Rafael Devers, 3B

The first six rounds of the first 2022 NFBC draft, with money on the line and stuff like that.

2022PEL.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

No way I'd take Trout, DeGrom, Betts or Cole where they have them. Betts, in particular, if he stays at leadoff and is only a 10-15 SB guy, goes way down my list.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I dont see how can you can pass on Turner at any point. That means 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          No way I'd take Trout, DeGrom, Betts or Cole where they have them. Betts, in particular, if he stays at leadoff and is only a 10-15 SB guy, goes way down my list.
          I agree.

Trout, with his injury history and almost total lack of speed, is a only a borderline 1st rounder now. Still can hit, but a big risk.
          DeGrom, who knows? He doesn't win games and now he's an injury risk
          Betts is sliding -- speed is drying up, power is slipping, there seem to be better options now
          Cole, maybe a mid 2nd rounder

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
            The first six rounds of the first 2022 NFBC draft, with money on the line and stuff like that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1325[/ATTACH]
            Thanks for posting this. Very interesting.

Comment

I suspect the reports of Mookie Betts' demise will be greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I would put Teoscar Hernandez at the end of the 2nd round and bump Semien down several rounds.

I'm still not a big fan of Semien. He's a .256 lifetime hitter who's on the wrong side of age 30 and coming off of his two best (2019 & 2021) seasons. I'm expecting some serious regression from him next year. There are probably at least 10 other shortstops that i would take over him. There is a lot of talent at the shortstop position. So, in leagues with no MI position, you can probably still get a good shortstop in rounds 8-12. I would wait on a shortstop if i couldn't get Tatis, Turner, or Bichette in the first round.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dunno about demise in a baseball sense, but in fantasy value, I don't see how his value doesn't drop from prior expectations, assuming he continues hitting 3rd behind Turner and Muncy. And the tendency, even when healthy, to run more selectively.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Dunno about demise in a baseball sense, but in fantasy value, I don't see how his value doesn't drop from prior expectations, assuming he continues hitting 3rd behind Turner and Muncy. And the tendency, even when healthy, to run more selectively.
                    The three-hole is the optimal spot for fantasy. The loss in plate appearances is mitigated by the increase in runs and RBI. Though, this will be lessened if the universal DH is a thing. Even if it is, third is still the best spot.

As for running, if Betts goes from 25 -30 SB to around 20, he'll be fine. He stole 10 in the short season then 10 this season with a sore hip.

In his prime, Betts was a top-3 overall player (he didn't always get drafted that way). If healthy, and ready by opening day, he should still be a top-10 guy. We'll see.

Comment

Wander at 5.10.

Comment

I agree.

He is $50 in our 12 team NL only 5x5 OBP. The owner can play him our next year or give him a $5 raise. Given his keeper list there is a good chance Betts will be back in the auction.

He is the kind of player I like to take a chance on. I am hoping to get him at a slight discount. I am not sure what a slight discount is yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I agree.

He is $50 in our 12 team NL only 5x5 OBP. The owner can play him our next year or give him a $5 raise. Given his keeper list there is a good chance Betts will be back in the auction.

He is the kind of player I like to take a chance on. I am hoping to get him at a slight discount. I am not sure what a slight discount is yet.
                          All it takes is one other owner and I doubt he will come at a significant discount in many leagues. I think your best chance is if he gets tossed out first.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                          X