View Poll Results: Who should win the NL MVP?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trea Turner - .328/.375/.536 - 28 HR, 77 RBI, 32 SB, 107 Runs - 6.8 fWAR

    7 36.84%
  • Bryce Harper - .309/.429/.615 - 35 HR, 84 RBI, 13 SB, 101 Runs - 6.6 fWAR

    1 5.26%
  • Juan Soto - .313/.465/.534 - 29 HR, 95 RBI, 9 SB, 111 Runs - 6.5 fWAR

    2 10.53%
  • Fernando Tatis Jr. - .282/.364/.611 - 42 HR, 97 RBI, 25 SB, 99 Runs - 6.3 fWAR

    9 47.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Nl mvp

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,945

    Nl mvp

    Looks like a 4 man race to me:
    Socialism is the fire department saving your burning house. Capitalism is your insurance company denying the claim.

  2. #2
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,544
    Interesting race, because three of those top players were on non-competing teams, and Turner came over mid-season.

    I'm going with Tatis.

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Interesting race, because three of those top players were on non-competing teams, and Turner came over mid-season.

    I'm going with Tatis.
    You're dinging the others for being on non-competing teams yet voting for a Padre? They missed the playoffs by double digit games (further away than the Phils).

    Personally, I think the "he needs to be on a playoff team" idea needs to be permanently retired.
    Socialism is the fire department saving your burning house. Capitalism is your insurance company denying the claim.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Looks like a 4 man race to me:
    A very tight 4 man race. Wow.

  5. #5
    Any of the four are worthy, but I think worthy and most famous will win out this year, so it's Tatis who I think will be the NL MVP.

    I'm going to ploink my money down on Juan Soto next year. Once he figured it out at the AS Break - whatever "it" was - he was simply absurd.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  6. #6
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    You're dinging the others for being on non-competing teams yet voting for a Padre? They missed the playoffs by double digit games (further away than the Phils).

    Personally, I think the "he needs to be on a playoff team" idea needs to be permanently retired.
    The Pads were in the race until late August when they totally collapsed.

    It seems like the Phils were never really in it. Obviously the Nats never were.

    Trea had a fantastic season, but being split between two teams hurts him a bit.

  7. #7
    This poll might not even have the winner listed. Crawford, Riley, Goldschmidt, O'Neill, and Freeman are all going to get votes.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

    Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post

    Trea had a fantastic season, but being split between two teams hurts him a bit.
    Why? it shouldn't have any bearing.

    In full disclosure, I'm in the camp that the MVP does not need to play for a playoff-bound team. I see it as most outstanding player - or just the best player.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

  9. #9
    Triple-A harmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    963
    I know defence takes a back seat in these decisions, but it shouldn't.

    That's enough for me to move Turner above Tatis.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,584
    Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    I know defence takes a back seat in these decisions, but it shouldn't.

    That's enough for me to move Turner above Tatis.
    Yes it should come into play for MVP in the NL. It was my tie breaker to vote Turner as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •