Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final album:
    1.07 - Hey Hey What Can I Do
    2.04 - Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)
    3.07 - D'yer Mak'er
    4.04 - All My Love
    5.07 - Houses of the Holy
    6.04 - Your Time is Gonna Come
    7.07 - Bron Yr-Aur
    8.04 - South Bound Suarez

My top 6 picks were all on my initial list of 20, so either I kicked major ass and outfoxed you all or I'm totally out of touch with you hardcore Zep heads!!!!

Comment

• Jamaica is perhaps the only Zep song I actively dislike. I change the station on that one.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If you are old enough to have experienced the very first Led Zeppelin album and all that went with it at the time you might have a different take on it. This was part of the soundtrack of our lives. It stood up against the competition of the greats of 1969.

We did not know there would be a second and then more. I did not care for Houses of the Holy when compared to previous works. It took awhile to warm up to it.

I am surprised that there was so much love for the early stuff. It made me smile. Seems like you made these the soundtracks of your lives as well. Just a bit later.

It is always great fun to read what this crew thinks and picks in our song drafts. I look forward to the next one.

I like playing with Sharks.
        Also not old enough to have experienced Zep live but I can still remember perfectly my first exposure to Physical Graffiti. It changed my perception about what music really could be. Maybe even a life changing experience.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So...who won?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I have seen Bonham's Zeppelin Experience a few times. Very enjoyable.
              Saw them last night, definitely recommend.

Setlist:

Immigrant Song
              Good Times Bad Times
              Ramble On
              When The Levee Breaks
              Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
              No Quarter
              Thank You
              Going to California
              The Song Remains The Same
              The Ocean
              Over the Hills and Far Away
              Your Time Is Gonna Come
              Hots On For Nowhere
              Black Mountain Side
              Fool In the Rain
              Kashmir
              Stairway to Heaven
              Rock and Roll
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Saw them last night, definitely recommend.

Setlist:

Immigrant Song
                Good Times Bad Times
                Ramble On
                When The Levee Breaks
                Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
                No Quarter
                Thank You
                Going to California
                The Song Remains The Same
                The Ocean
                Over the Hills and Far Away
                Your Time Is Gonna Come
                Hots On For Nowhere
                Black Mountain Side
                Fool In the Rain
                Kashmir
                Stairway to Heaven
                Rock and Roll
                Woo Hoo! Glad to read this and glad you had a good time.

I just read the set list to Mrs. Gregg. She is pleased with it and looking forward to the next Wednesday show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Woo Hoo! Glad to read this and glad you had a good time.

I just read the set list to Mrs. Gregg. She is pleased with it and looking forward to the next Wednesday show.
                  Yep you'll have a great night together!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Hey all of you Beato fans: If you need a good laugh, check out Pat Finnerty's YouTube series, "What Makes this Song Stink" - Freakin hilarious - The Weezer, the Train and the Kravitz ones especially.

Videos about songs that stink. IG: @the_pat_finnerty_show

But here's a QUICK 30-second bit that's a direct spoof of Beato (his quick tips series) that made me fall out of my chair:

"His quick tips are just 30 seconds of him shredding" lol

Comment

Working...
                    X