Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda got shut out of the ballads - was hoping for Thats the Way or The Rain Song or even Tangerine. Missed Presence and In Through the Out Door, but the real painful one was missing out on anything from III, although I believe it is clearly below the great albums (I, II, PG, IV, HoH).

1.06 Ten Years Gone (PG)
    2.05 Bring It On Home (II)
    3.06 Moby Dick (II)
    4.05 Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (I)
    5.06 Four Sticks (IV)
    6.05 Dancing Days (HoH)
    7.06 We're Gonna Groove (Coda)
    8.05 The Crunge (HoH)

I will add: The best thing about this draft was finding Rick Beato!

Comment

• Wow - that was really fun. I knew being sandwiched between Redbirds and Pauly would be a challenge. Bene and I had the same idea - try and get the breadth of the Zeppelin musical experience in eight picks. I ended up more rock heavy than I expected, but here it is:

1.05 Rock and Roll, IV
      2.06 Dazed and Confused, I
      3.05 In My Time of Dying, PG
      4.06 Trampled Under Foot, PG
      5.05 Traveling Riverside Blues, I
      6.06 That's The Way, III
      7.05 Darlene, Coda
      8.05 Ozone Song, Coda
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I have always dug Hots on....
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          If anyone has YT Music I made a playlist of my roster. https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...&feature=share

A1 Custard Pie
          A2 Friends
          A3 Since I've Been Loving You
          A4 Thank You
          B1 Achilles Last Stand
          B2 Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
          B3 Black Mountain Side
          B4 When The Levee Breaks
          That is one fantastic album! I love every song you picked. Three epics in Achilles, Levee, and SIBLY. Stomp is such fun to listen to. Custard is a ripper.

Being a huge Zep fanboi, I will love everyone's roster, as I'm sure the rest of you can say the same thing.
          Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-19-2021, 11:16 AM.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I do like me some drums.

In the spirit of my Sandy Nelson picks in previous drafts, I am thrilled to have this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Kinda got shut out of the ballads - was hoping for Thats the Way or The Rain Song or even Tangerine. Missed Presence and In Through the Out Door, but the real painful one was missing out on anything from III, although I believe it is clearly below the great albums (I, II, PG, IV, HoH).

1.06 Ten Years Gone (PG)
              2.05 Bring It On Home (II)
              3.06 Moby Dick (II)
              4.05 Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (I)
              5.06 Four Sticks (IV)
              6.05 Dancing Days (HoH)
              7.06 We're Gonna Groove (Coda)
              8.05 The Crunge (HoH)

I will add: The best thing about this draft was finding Rick Beato!

Using the standards of just Zeppelin songs (which means I like every song that was drafted), this album leaves me wanting. Three songs that I rarely listen to are The Crunge, Four Sticks and We're Gonna Groove. As for the other songs, the Moby Dick riff is straight up fantastic, I have a soft spot for Dancing Days, and Ten Years Gone and Bring It on Home are classics!

Comment

• My 1st Zep draft:

Kashmir
                Song Remains The Same
                Misty Moutain Hop
                Battle of Evermore
                In the Evening
                Wearing and Tearing
                Night Flight
                I'm Gonna Crawl

That was fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Wow - that was really fun. I knew being sandwiched between Redbirds and Pauly would be a challenge. Bene and I had the same idea - try and get the breadth of the Zeppelin musical experience in eight picks. I ended up more rock heavy than I expected, but here it is:

1.05 Rock and Roll, IV
                  2.06 Dazed and Confused, I
                  3.05 In My Time of Dying, PG
                  4.06 Trampled Under Foot, PG
                  5.05 Traveling Riverside Blues, I
                  6.06 That's The Way, III
                  7.05 Darlene, Coda
                  8.05 Ozone Song, Coda
                  As i always mention. I don't dislike ANY Zeppelin tune. Just degrees of like.

First 4 picks were superb. Last 4 are a bit of a let down for me . Two from CODA is one too many, even though I really enjoy those two you picked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Using the standards of just Zeppelin songs (which means I like every song that was drafted), this album leaves me wanting. Three songs that I rarely listen to are The Crunge, Four Sticks and We're Gonna Groove. As for the other songs, the Moby Dick riff is straight up fantastic, I have a soft spot for Dancing Days, and Ten Years Gone and Bring It on Home are classics!
                    Give we're gonna groove another shot. That song rocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      My 1st Zep draft:

Kashmir
                      Song Remains The Same
                      Misty Moutain Hop
                      Battle of Evermore
                      In the Evening
                      Wearing and Tearing
                      Night Flight
                      I'm Gonna Crawl

That was fun.
                      It was fun. I thought you had a very good draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Give we're gonna groove another shot. That song rocks.
                        I know that it does. I like it, but in the Zep canon it is pretty low for me.

Comment

• My final roster:

Black Dog
                          Going to California
                          Boogie with Stu
                          The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
                          Hot Dog
                          Black Country Woman
                          Long Tall Sally
                          Bonzo’s Montreux

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            My 1st Zep draft:

Kashmir
                            Song Remains The Same
                            Misty Moutain Hop
                            Battle of Evermore
                            In the Evening
                            Wearing and Tearing
                            Night Flight
                            I'm Gonna Crawl

That was fun.
                            Excellent album for me. First 5 picks are Zep classics. Wearing and Tearing is a blast. Night Flight has always appealed to me. I'm Gonna Crawl is low on my Zep list, but it's always a welcome listen.

Comment

• Amazing that a song as great as "For Your Life" was the 80th and final pick. I debated between that and "Friends".
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My roster:

1.10 Ramble On
                                2.01 No Quarter
                                3.10 The Rain Song
                                4.01 Fool in the Rain
                                5.10 Nobody's Fault but Mine
                                6.01 I Can't Quit You Baby
                                7.10 Down by the Seaside
                                8.01 Sick Again
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X