Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    First heard Zeppelin around 1976. Their music has indeed been a soundtrack of my life like no other band except Rush (shut up Chance!) I was devastated when Bonham died as that meant an abrupt end to the greatest band that I ever heard (and have heard). it meant that I would never get to see them in concert!
    I didn't seem them either.

On Nov. 3 Mrs Gregg and I will be seeing

JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEPPELIN EVENING: MMXXI TOUR

At the beautiful Genesee Theater in Waukegan IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I didn't seem them either.

On Nov. 3 Mrs Gregg and I will be seeing

JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEPPELIN EVENING: MMXXI TOUR

At the beautiful Genesee Theater in Waukegan IL.
    I have seen Bonham's Zeppelin Experience a few times. Very enjoyable.

I have also seen 2 cover bands. "Get the Led Out " 5 times and they are fantastic. They seek to recreate the Zep album sound.

The other cover band was "Zoso". They seek to create the concert experience of Zep. They are also fantastic.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I was born in 1976 so unfortunately missed out on the greatest decade of music (66-75) in real time.

I might have to check out Jason Bonham, he's playing here soon. Only cover band of note I've seen is Zepparella and I thought they were decent.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    I was born in 1976 so unfortunately missed out on the greatest decade of music (66-75) in real time.

I might have to check out Jason Bonham, he's playing here soon. Only cover band of note I've seen is Zepparella and I thought they were decent.
    If you get a chance to see Get the Led out, do it! I have tickets to see them in January.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Not bad ... good times.

1.09 Immigrant Song
    2.02 Good Times Bad Times
    3.09 Over The Hills and Far Away
    4.02 The Ocean
    5.09 Tangerine
    6.02 The Wanton Song
    7.09 Sunshine Woman
    8.02 Royal Orleans

Final album:
    1.07 - Hey Hey What Can I Do
    2.04 - Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)
    3.07 - D'yer Mak'er
    4.04 - All My Love
    5.07 - Houses of the Holy
    6.04 - Your Time is Gonna Come
    7.07 - Bron Yr-Aur
    8.04 - South Bound Suarez

My top 6 picks were all on my initial list of 20, so either I kicked major ass and outfoxed you all or I'm totally out of touch with you hardcore Zep heads!!!!

Journeyman
    Jamaica is perhaps the only Zep song I actively dislike. I change the station on that one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    If you are old enough to have experienced the very first Led Zeppelin album and all that went with it at the time you might have a different take on it. This was part of the soundtrack of our lives. It stood up against the competition of the greats of 1969.

We did not know there would be a second and then more. I did not care for Houses of the Holy when compared to previous works. It took awhile to warm up to it.

I am surprised that there was so much love for the early stuff. It made me smile. Seems like you made these the soundtracks of your lives as well. Just a bit later.

It is always great fun to read what this crew thinks and picks in our song drafts. I look forward to the next one.

I like playing with Sharks.
    Also not old enough to have experienced Zep live but I can still remember perfectly my first exposure to Physical Graffiti. It changed my perception about what music really could be. Maybe even a life changing experience.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    So...who won?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein