Boogie with Stu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogie with Stu

I haven't heard this song in quite awhile. Sirius Classic Vinyl was on a good run yesterday when this came on. After cranking it I got to wondering about RJ song drafts.

I am too lazy to run through all the pages to find it. So I though I would go to the source.

How many of you have had this in any of the various drafts we have had over the years. It would not surprise me if I picked it, but plead covid brain and have no recollection if I did or didn't.

Anyway for your pleasure:

I love this song. I would have no doubt drafted it in the Zep draft.

Not sure if you know the backstory of how the song was a re-make of a Ritchie Valens song and Zep did not give proper credit. Ended up getting sued and changing the credit on the song to include "Mrs Valens".
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I love this song. I would have no doubt drafted it in the Zep draft.

Not sure if you know the backstory of how the song was a re-make of a Ritchie Valens song and Zep did not give proper credit. Ended up getting sued and changing the credit on the song to include "Mrs Valens".
      I did not know this story until yesterday. I came across it when I was doing a search for who Stu was. Shocked to find out that Stu was a founding member of the Rolling Stones and the back story of that.

Also Plant was very drunk when they recorded this jam session.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I did not know this story until yesterday. I came across it when I was doing a search for who Stu was. Shocked to find out that Stu was a founding member of the Rolling Stones and the back story of that.

Also Plant was very drunk when they recorded this jam session.
        None of you know Stu like I do. Not you. Not you. Not you. Not you. Not nobody knows Stu like I do. No one. I can't even tell you what we've been through because we made a pact, more important than blood. What I can tell you is this. This is not Stu's first marriage. There was a whore in Las Vegas a couple of years ago...
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          None of you know Stu like I do. Not you. Not you. Not you. Not you. Not nobody knows Stu like I do. No one. I can't even tell you what we've been through because we made a pact, more important than blood. What I can tell you is this. This is not Stu's first marriage. There was a whore in Las Vegas a couple of years ago...
          Alan, she was a Honkytonk woman, gin soaked in Memphis I believe.

Comment

Astaire and Hayworth dancing to it.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Astaire and Hayworth dancing to it.
              Love that.

Comment

So no one picked this song in any of our drafts?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  So no one picked this song in any of our drafts?!
                  I bet it was picked in the Led Zep draft. But that draft is long gone (i think).

Comment

Working...
                  X