The Real “Off” Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real “Off” Season

Anyone else hate September baseball these days?

I’m sitting in first in one of my leagues and watching my team bleed to death. Star players on good teams are rested. Star players on very bad teams are rested. Pitchers are left to mop up IP or good ones are pulled early. Yuck! We should end the fantasy season a month early.

#thanksforlettingmerant

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

I’m sitting in first in one of my leagues and watching my team bleed to death. Star players on good teams are rested. Star players on very bad teams are rested. Pitchers are left to mop up IP or good ones are pulled early. Yuck! We should end the fantasy season a month early.

#thanksforlettingmerant
    I hate Sept. I'm watching my 1st place lead going down.

Comment

We used to have H2H finals for the last 2 weeks of the season. The last week is a gongshow, so a few years ago we voted for a 1-week final.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

#thanksforlettingmerant
        I had a day last week (first time ever) that I had zero stats. Injuries, rest days, off days, middle relievers didn't pitch, closers did not have opportunities.

AL only 5x5 12 team keeper. Zero stats. I am not sure I could do that on purpose.

Comment

LOL...my rebuilding AL only team has been incredible. Now, not only am I out of Waffle House territory for last place, I may finish in a much improved reserve draft position. we use OBP/SLG, and last two weeks, Hunter Dozier is .385/.714, Andrus is .513/.559, A. Hays is .333/.745, and Kelenic is .386/.795. I picked up Chafin when he came over, and while his WHIP has been awful, he has a 2.70 ERA and 3 saves the last couple weeks. If I get good to solid outings out of Baz, Sale and Cobb this week, I could move up two more places.

In the NL, I need to figure out if Schwindel is for real, as I have him at 10 for next year. I picked up Eric Lauer for a really minor reserve draft upgrade, and he's at 10 next year, too.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Conversely, I'm in another league where if we had one more week on the regular season schedule, I'd likely win the league.

Comment

Good luck to all!

My 6 point lead is down to 1.5. Will see if it holds. Trying to run out the clock.

Comment

Good luck to all!

My 6 point lead is down to 1.5. Will see if it holds. Trying to run out the clock.
                11 days to go also trying to run out the clock in my NL league and AL league praying for a miracle finish.

Comment

With one week to go and bailing water. Lead at 1.5 points.

Do you ever consider dropping potential keepers in the final week? ERA is tight and can’t afford a blowup. Won’t lose any points in Wins or Ks.

Comment

If "no decisions" were a pitching category in my league i would win that category easily.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      If "no decisions" were a pitching category in my league i would win that category easily.
                      I'd be giving you a run for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Ha! I hear you on that. Good line.

Comment

Working...
                        X