Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Societal Collapse

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Radio Raheem was played by Pittsburgh native Bill Nunn III. His father, is Pro Football HOFer Bill Nunn Jr., who worked for over 40 years as a scout for the Pittsburgh Steelers and won 6 Super Bowl rings. He was a huge part of turning the Steelers into a dynasty during the 1970's by discovering players from traditionally black colleges when other teams were ignoring them. It was at these black colleges that Nunn discovered Hall of Famers John Stallworth, Donnie Shell, and Mel Blount.

His grandfather, Bill Nunn Sr., was the managing editor of the now defunct Pittsburgh Courier. The Courier was one of the most influential black newspapers in the country.
    The Bears must have taken a page out of his book. 1975 they drafted Walter Payton with their first round #4 pick out of Jackson State University. Walter always treated his fans with the idea he would give them something to remember.
    Last edited by Gregg; 01-12-2022 at 04:46 PM.

happy birthday to madducks, you're still young dude.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    happy birthday to madducks, you're still young dude.
    Thanks Nully!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I was surprised nobody brought this up when it was in the news a month ago.

A 1972 study from MIT modeled projected growth of Capitalism leading to environmental collapse. It was largely derided and not taken seriously at the time, but new analysis shows the study has proven shockingly accurate 50 years in. Less than 20 years until societal collapse makes total sense to me. I had sort of projected this myself, thinking about what happens when these reports saying we have 12 years to change course as a civilization, now less than 10 years, age into "well, people of earth. You're all condemned to lives of misery in a dying world where the rich have siphoned all the money to the top." Why would any 20 something go to work in that rigged system?

I believe what Chris Hedges said recently is correct. He said that AOC and leftist politicians will never be the answer to our problems. They're merely ineffectual pawns promoting Democracy while showcasing its utter failures. I believe the way forward is public protest. Occupy X 10 or times a hundred. That's the only thing that makes politicians side with people over corporate interests. It's an eventuality, I think. So the quicker we get there, the better our chances, or our children's chances more accurately.

Terrifying world to live in. Hard to think about having kids right now. I've been getting feelings when I see parents with young kids, and my wife is 37, so our time to decide is ending. But its starting to look more like an apocalypse buddy situation.

“This is not an end. It is a beginning. You will need the courage of a lion to face this journey.”

- Erin Hunter.