The boys who are back in town...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys who are back in town...

Listening on the radio over lunch. These guys sound like complete assholes. I don't think I would want to be anywhere around them.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Listening on the radio over lunch. These guys sound like complete assholes. I don't think I would want to be anywhere around them.
    Written by group leader Phil Lynott, "The Boys Are Back In Town" reflects Thin Lizzy's rough-and-tumble composure and working-class roots. The song was a way of connecting with their fans, who had similar sensibilities.

Thin Lizzy would often stir up trouble and end up in fights - their roadies were chosen based in part on their pugilistic skills. The group also drank heavily and had a blast. The song became their calling card.

This lifestyle took a tragic toll on Lynott, who died in 1986 at 36 after his body broke down from years of drug and alcohol abuse.-Songfacts

Comment

Phil Lynott is one of the best rock songwriters ever.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        That's why Gary Moore - who had two passes with them - could never stay around. Which is too bad, since Moore was five times the guitarist from anyone else they had.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X