How are you doing in your leagues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you doing in your leagues?

This is my 1st yr these leagues AL and NL. Many of the same owners in both leagues. 10 teams 5x5. 3rd in AL 5 points out but it will be hard to move up but you never know. Got off to a slow start and was picking up steam but injuries have played a big part. Bieber, Urquidy,Dunn, E Rosario and Springer. BA in 9th place and if lucky I can only move up 1 point. Hopefully I can move up 4-5 points and squeak it out.

NL I'm in 1st by 10 points. Again started off to a slow start and was in last place back in April. Did a little better in May and in June started to rise significantly until in 1st. Even though I'm ahead by a comfortable lead that lead could very well tighten up. Added Seager and Yelich through trades and have a couple of trade offers in hopes of wrapping the title up.

AL Only, 10 team, 5x5 but with OBP/SLG - Was almost certainly going to be a rebuilding year, and this team sank like a rock right out of the gate. Have recovered to 8th, so I won't get the Waffle House penalty this year. Have Mountcastle, JD Martinez, Schwarber, Kelenic, Sale, Severino, and Lynch all at good keeper prices for next year and Brujan and Torkelson waiting in the wings.

Mixed, redraft, 5x5 - Next to last. A combination of injuries, a couple of key bad draft picks, and poor waiver moves doomed this team.

Mixed, keeper, 5x5 - 2nd, would take a Phillies level collapse by the leader to get to first. Despite major losses in pitching (DMay, Kershaw, IAnderson, and now Peralta and PSandoval on IL), I made a couple decent trades and the right waiver moves for the most part to keep the team in a good money slot.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In my 12 team AL only 5x5 I am in 10th place and have been rebuilding for most of the year. Our finish dictates how many keepers we get next year.

10th gets me 12 (of 14 possible) keepers. I am 3 points out of 9th (13 keepers) and 7 points out of 8th (full 14 keeps). Moving up one spot seems possible but not likely. Moving up two would take a miracle. Just not enough games left and still too many injuries.

In my 12 team NL only 5x5 I am in first place by 23.5 points. Two teams are tied for 2nd. I have 115 out of 120 points (57 Batting 58 pitching).

I have finished in the money fairly often and have come very close to winning a couple of times always falling just short. I hope to bring home the trophy for the first time this year.

Comment

16 tm redraft: currently 6th, which is the last money spot. Probably have a shot a 3rd.

15tm keeper: tied for 1st with Gwynn

18tm RJEL: competed early much to my chagrin, made some trades to get better, but it didn't work so I dumped

RJ Mock 1: in 1st, winner gets free NFBC entry next year

Comment

14 team H2H keep forever: I have clinched 1st overall and get a bye to the semis in 2 weeks. It's a championship or bust.

AFA: 6/12. Great pitching but could not make up ground in HR/RBI/AVG.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

12-team mixed 5x5 roto: 1st, and have been since mid-May with a lead that ranges from 8-13 most days.

DMBL - 20-team H2H sim league: 1st in my division by 3 games, currently #3 seed.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              DMBL - 20-team H2H sim league: 1st in my division by 3 games, currently #3 seed.
              DMT must be leading.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                DMT must be leading.
                My team is Not Performing Currently
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  My team is Not Performing Currently
                  If only I had my Mod Powers I could move this to the VDT where it belongs....
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

In my H2H league I finished 20 games up in 1st, hold the 1st seed and am currently in the beginning of the 2nd round of playoffs. In The Money.

Baseball can be cruel. I had everything set to win by a point or two, Sale gets covid costing me in Ip and K, then Snell exits in the 1st not only hurting my IP and Ks, but allows the shit RPs on the Padres to give up a HR to BOTH Turner and Betts, whom my opposition has rostered. He passes me in Slugging by 0.07%--I'm knocked out of the champ bracket by 1/2 a point again, just like last season....

RJEL 18 team, Currently 3rd after sitting 2nd most of the season, I could potentially finish 2nd through 5th. Hopefully In The Money.

Ryu and Darvish have tanked my pitching so now I'm 5th-OOM, BUT can move back into 4th, possibly 2nd with an epic last 2 weeks.

15 team Keeper Battling it out with Revo for 1st. In The Money.

Looks like 2nd is gonna be it, Revo's team is just too strong.

Lockdown 20 team Dynasty--rebuilding hovering in the bottom third. No Yoo Hoo Shower for Me.

Play 2 18 team Dynasty. Solidly in 3rd, very slim chance at 2nd. In The Money.

3rd looks like a lock barring an epic collapse.
                    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 09-13-2021, 11:59 AM.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      16 tm redraft: currently 6th, which is the last money spot. Probably have a shot a 3rd.

15tm keeper: tied for 1st with Gwynn

18tm RJEL: competed early much to my chagrin, made some trades to get better, but it didn't work so I dumped

RJ Mock 1: in 1st, winner gets free NFBC entry next year
                      RJ Mock 1 is really tight between you and JC: https://nfc.shgn.com/standings/304. My team is languishing in 3rd place, and I don't see a realistic path to catch you two. (That makes me sad but not as sad as the Cubs make Gregg.)

In my NL-only league I'm in 5th (top four are money spots). Prior to yesterday, my team had an outside chance at getting near the top (I could max out around 97 points, and the top teams are currently at 98, 95 and 93), but teams 1, 2 (umjewman) and 4 made trades to add solid talent right before the deadline.

I may scrounge to see if any trades are available today but I probably missed the window. Ah well...there's always next year. After the season, I'll do a year-end recap/update to my anatomy thread, documenting some massive mistakes.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

12 team NL only keeper league

Was leading the league since the first weekend till yesterday when the 2nd place guy made a very favorable trade in which he received lame ducks walker buehler, Julio Uriah’s, Tyler o’Neil and 1st year closer will Smith for Norman Gorman and sixto Sanchez.) He will prob win the league now since trading season is over...kinda sucks to have this kind of trade happened...

Comment

This NFBC OC race has been insane. 3-point swings every day.

241415254_2939606626262300_3707786667972917502_n.jpg

Comment

Update. My NL team still in first with 79 points, 2nd place 71 and 3rd 70. Made a deal for Burnes and picked up Wick. 4 weeks to go.

Comment

I'm in 4 leagues and winning them all cuz I am the luckiest!!!!!
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X