How many times have you been married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just once, 18+ years (together for 26).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Question 2 ( on marriage front)outside of dating in High school… how fast or how long did it take you to get married.

My story: I was in late 30’s when I started dating my ex( worked together) one 4 th of July weekend we had a workmate get married and we were sitting around decided to go since we were hungry and the reception was at The Eagles club. We had already been drinking which continued and when they gave the speech at the reception they touched on the relationship between the bride and groom. Started dating 19 years ago lived together 10 before getting married. I turned to my ex and said : “ that isn’t us we will know within a year “. She said : let’s get married. Did that September.

Anyone like the other couple almost 20 to get married.
      Or quick like me 6 or less

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Question 2 ( on marriage front)outside of dating in High school… how fast or how long did it take you to get married.

My story: I was in late 30’s when I started dating my ex( worked together) one 4 th of July weekend we had a workmate get married and we were sitting around decided to go since we were hungry and the reception was at The Eagles club. We had already been drinking which continued and when they gave the speech at the reception they touched on the relationship between the bride and groom. Started dating 19 years ago lived together 10 before getting married. I turned to my ex and said : “ that isn’t us we will know within a year “. She said : let’s get married. Did that September.

First date with my wife was November 2008, we got engaged February 2010. So a little over a year.

My in-laws were super short...I think they met in like June and were married around Thanksgiving (something in that ballpark). They were married 46.5 years before my mother in law passed earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          My in-laws were super short...
          Well that's super inflammatory. Geez, why they gotta be tall?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Well that's super inflammatory. Geez, why they gotta be tall?
            Although not intended, it's accurate. My FIL is like 5'2" or 5'3" and my MIL was like 5'0" probably. When I first met my wife's family, I felt like a giant at 5'6" for the first time in my life. My wife's niece (5 at the time) asked if I was going to fit into the car because I was SO tall.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I opened this thread after seeing the truncated title on the main screen "How many times have you been" and thought it was the carried out of a bar thread.

Found this entry surprising, although I was wondering how many times it happened before you were 18.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

First marriage, 7 years, but 5 of that was college.
                Second marriage, 8 years and were living together and owned a home together for 5 of it.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

My wife and I were friends for 3.5 years before we got married, but we were only dating for the last 10 months of that.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                  X