No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a brother-in-law to COVID over the weekend. 71 years old. It absolutely sucks. He was my wife's oldest brother, and the glue for the family after their father passed away. Dale was a kind, fun-loving and generous person who loved his family very much. He would go the extra mile for anyone.

Poker won't be the same without him, as I spent many family gatherings sitting with him and playing seven card stud.

RIP, Dale. Thank you for being a great brother-in-law.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      Lost a brother-in-law to COVID over the weekend. 71 years old. It absolutely sucks. He was my wife's oldest brother, and the glue for the family after their father passed away. Dale was a kind, fun-loving and generous person who loved his family very much. He would go the extra mile for anyone.

Poker won't be the same without him, as I spent many family gatherings sitting with him and playing seven card stud.

I am sorry for you and your family's loss.

Comment

Lost a brother-in-law to COVID over the weekend. 71 years old. It absolutely sucks. He was my wife's oldest brother, and the glue for the family after their father passed away. Dale was a kind, fun-loving and generous person who loved his family very much. He would go the extra mile for anyone.

Very sorry to hear it.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Condolences to you and your family.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

Comment

• Very sorry, ITC.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• that's terrible. Very sorry mate.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Terrible, so sorry ITC

Comment

• Very sorry for your loss.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 1st Omicrom variant reported in the US

Comment

• I don't know of you've been following Dr John Campbell's Youtube channel ... his COVID analysis has been the most reliable throughout this.

TLDW:

"... initial data from South Africa looking promising ... Omicron will spread around the world very quickly ... as people are exposed they will generate Omicron immunity ... it looks like people will have minimal disease and fewer hospitalizations ... the increased infections should be more manageable than previous waves ... mortality expected to be much lower ... massive herd immunity could happen very quickly ... which would essentially be the end of the pandemic"
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 12-05-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• My 64 year old vaccinated Brother In Law has been diagnosed with Covid last Friday. He has a 101 temp, feels really sick. No Hospital yet. Praying for a fast and complete recovery.

He had the Johnson and Johnson.

Comment

• Dr. John Campbell, while technically a doctor, is a doctor of nursing with no training in any of the stuff that matters on this topic. From his wiki: "John L. Campbell is a British social media influencer and retired nurse who achieved attention during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic for his explanatory videos and updates on the virus."

I'm sure his videos are just fine and dandy but, again, he's just a nurse. He does seem occasionally inclined to try and combat misinformation on the subject of COVID, which is obviously good. Still, not sure why his videos keep popping up in these threads. He is not qualified to provide the opinions that he so freely shares as an "influencer". And he, to no one's great surprise, is another ivermectin quack (even though he cannot prescribe or diagnose). Edit: Hydroxychloroquine, too, apparently.

Not as bad as the Epoch Times videos we were seeing earlier in this thread but also not reliable in the least. There are plenty of real professionals with appropriate training upon whom we can better rely.
                                Last edited by Bene Futuis; 12-06-2021, 01:06 PM.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X