The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    The U.S. just passed 1,000,000 COVID deaths.

It just didn't have to be like this.
    I have learned recently of a bunch of people whose loved ones died from COVID, including the father of a friend who was at a gathering where indignant right wingers proclaimed loudly that they would fight the oppression of mask mandates. Sure enough, lots of folks at the gathering caught COVID, superspreader event, including friend's father who ultimately perished.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Johnny Dickshot is 112 as well
      Meh, his time here is Short
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Meh, his time here is Short
        Whuuuuut?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I believe you, Gregg

Thank you Feral.

I sneezed more yesterday than the total for all the sneezes in my life. I had to cancel all of my sales calls. Hope this goes away pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I sneezed more yesterday than the total for all the sneezes in my life.
            119 years of sneezing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              119 years of sneezing
              not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I sneezed more yesterday than the total for all the sneezes in my life. I had to cancel all of my sales calls. Hope this goes away pretty soon.
                It's really hard to sell your antihistamine when you are stopping every 30 seconds to apologize for sneezing.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  It's really hard to sell your antihistamine* when you are stopping every 30 seconds to apologize for sneezing.
                  *meant to be humorous. I know you are really selling Bing Crosby records.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• My wife went out Wednesday for a social gathering after two years of isolation and got COVID. We were hoping we could avoid it, but both the boys and I got it too. I think three of us are past the worst, but our 4 year old just tested positive today. A little worried about him as he is not vaxxed and he is coming off a cold himself, so not sure how his immune system is at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      My wife went out Wednesday for a social gathering after two years of isolation and got COVID. We were hoping we could avoid it, but both the boys and I got it too. I think three of us are past the worst, but our 4 year old just tested positive today. A little worried about him as he is not vaxxed and he is coming off a cold himself, so not sure how his immune system is at the moment.
                      Hope u all recover quickly, that must be really frustrating
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My wife went out Wednesday for a social gathering after two years of isolation and got COVID. We were hoping we could avoid it, but both the boys and I got it too. I think three of us are past the worst, but our 4 year old just tested positive today. A little worried about him as he is not vaxxed and he is coming off a cold himself, so not sure how his immune system is at the moment.
                        Thoughts are with you all...
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It seems like everyone I know has been getting it recently; fortunately it seems like most of the cases I’ve heard about locally are fairly mild all things considered. Hoping it’s the same for you and yours.

Comment

Yikes, all the best

Comment

get better masher family.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Hope that you and your loved ones all have a speedy recovery.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X