Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB draft thread

Draft starts in about 20 minutes.

Several mocks have it starting out Mayer to the Pirates and Leiter to the Rangers but who knows.
    Last edited by Ken; 07-11-2021, 06:20 PM.

I'm going to watch it on MLB's YT channel.

Comment

Henry Davis goes #1 to the Pirates. The guys at FG were saying this just a few minutes ago. Now, they're saying either Mayer or Leiter at #2.

Comment

The Pirates do need catching.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I wonder if Davis went slightly under slot? Huge talent but he was expected to go just a few picks later. If he is under slot, great idea for the Pirates to go this way. The top of this draft is all close together

Comment

It's Jack Leiter to the Rangers at #2.

Comment

Rotoworld's take on Davis:

Pirates selected Louisville C Henry Davis with the first pick of the 2021 MLB Draft.

Surprise! Outside of Khalil Watson, there might not have been a player who improved his stock more than Davis did this spring. He hit .370 with 15 homers and also added 10 steals, although that latter number isn’t likely to repeat itself at the highest level. What he does offer is a backstop who has a weapons-grade arm behind the plate, and both the hit and average tools profile above-average -- maybe even plus -- with the power being slightly ahead of the hit tool. The 21-year-old is not considered an elite defender behind the plate, but he should be able to stay behind there; worse defenders have. Davis could move quickly through the system, and it’s easy to imagine he’s a starting backstop by the end of 2023 -- maybe even 2022.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

FG says it's Jackson Jobe (HS pitcher) at #3.

Comment

Yep, Jobe to the Tigers at #3. FG has been 100% correct so far.

Comment

Now, FG says it's Mayer to the RedSox at #4.

Comment

Yep, Mayer to the Sox.

Comment

FG said Colton Cowser to the O's at #5.

Comment

Yep, Cowser at #5. As an O's fan, I like that they took a hitter, altho I would have thought Lawlar.

Comment

FG doesnt know yet who goes at #6 to the DBacks but maybe Lawlar.

Comment

Now, they're saying it will be Lawlar at #6.

Comment

Working...
                              X