Miss Nevada - first transgender Miss USA Contestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    If you have no legit answer that's fine.
    What? Dude my answer is that there's no reason to discriminate against Trans people. Period. A Trans woman is a Woman. Period.

You're the one yet to share an example of the wrath of the "woke culture" outside of a just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist--yeah I haven't seen a UFO either or a dog that speaks French--just call me Hitchens. But hey, if you have no legit answer....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Allowing a trans female to compete against females is inherently unfair to the females. So why aren't the feelings of the females who are losing to trans females taken into account?

We have to allow a trans female to compete against females so their feelings aren't hurt, but tell the females who lost to an unfairly advantaged trans female to just suck it up????
      Do you realize how fucked up this statement is?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        yeah...

We have to allow a trans female to compete against females so their feelings aren't hurt, but tell the females who lost to an unfairly advantaged trans female to just suck it up????
        I would consider myself very woke.

Comment

Exactly--it is a trap. If the concern is an Physical or strength advantage--I'd ask--where's the outrage over parents who intentionally hold their kids back in school to allow them that same type of advantage going forward?

FWIW, I would think very few, if any, biological males transition to gain a competitive advantage in women's athletics. Intent means quite a bit from my POV. AND the number of actual Trans women competing in women's sports is so small, again--why the outrage? If you ban Trans women, where do you stop? Some biological women has quite a bit of testosterone as nature doesn't create identical people.

Is the outrage REALLY about gaining an advantage? And if so-shouldn't any non natural advantage be the issue?
          Hmmm...no, actually I think you need to take science and results into account over intent. Science has indicated those born biologically male already start with athletic advantages over those born biologically female. and those advantages increase significantly should an individual born biologically male go through puberty as male. Recent athletic events have shown those differences to provide major performance advantages; I suspect we'll see even more results that provide additional data during the Summer Olympics.

And while I believe you're right about intent right now, that will change quickly, with the inflection point being the Summer Olympics this year. There's simply too much prestige and money tied to Olympic medals in many countries around the world.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Why is it fucked up? Please explain.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              yeah...

Again, explain where i'm wrong.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Hmmm...no, actually I think you need to take science and results into account over intent. Science has indicated those born biologically male already start with athletic advantages over those born biologically female. and those advantages increase significantly should an individual born biologically male go through puberty as male. Recent athletic events have shown those differences to provide major performance advantages; I suspect we'll see even more results that provide additional data during the Summer Olympics.

And while I believe you're right about intent right now, that will change quickly, with the inflection point being the Summer Olympics this year. There's simply too much prestige and money tied to Olympic medals in many countries around the world.
                Somehow GITH and Ken don't seem to understand this.

Comment

Somehow GITH and Ken don't seem to understand this.
                  What an extremely odd assertion, I said almost the exact same thing as chance but I "don't seem to understand this"? In fact, Chance was replying to GITH's reply to ... me.

How did you miss it? You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Originally posted by Ken
                  that the physical testosterone differences provide a relative advantage in bone density and muscle mass/strength to those who are born male, right?
                  I get that you are angry (fits the "get off my lawn" thing you have going on here), but outright lies just make you look worse.

Comment

What? Dude my answer is that there's no reason to discriminate against Trans people. Period. A Trans woman is a Woman. Period.

You're the one yet to share an example of the wrath of the "woke culture" outside of a just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist--yeah I haven't seen a UFO either or a dog that speaks French--just call me Hitchens. But hey, if you have no legit answer....
                    We disagree when it comes to sporting competitions.

Comment

What an extremely odd assertion, I said almost the exact same thing as chance but I "don't seem to understand this"? In fact, Chance was replying to GITH's reply to ... me.

How did you miss it? You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

I get that you are angry (fits the "get off my lawn" thing you have going on here), but outright lies just make you look worse.
                      Then why did you get angry with me when i said the same thing about competing together?

Comment

Again, explain where i'm wrong.
                        What is there to explain? A statement that "We have to allow a trans female to compete against females so their feelings aren't hurt" is the *opposite* of woke.

Comment

Then why did you get angry with me when i said the same thing about competing together?
                          Heh, I'm not angry at all, I found it funny that you think you are woke when your words and positions suggest the opposite though.

Comment

We disagree.
                            Just so we are 100% clear here, you think a trans woman is not a woman, but you also think you are woke? I want to make sure I don't misinterpret your stance here because it's a really strange one.

Comment

Heh, I'm not angry at all, I found it funny that you think you are woke when your words and positions suggest the opposite though.
                              Well I'm not 100% woke. But a lot more woke than most middle aged white guys.

Comment

Just so we are 100% clear here, you think a trans woman is not a woman, but you also think you are woke? I want to make sure I don't misinterpret your stance here because it's a really strange one.
                                I changed that as i was busy at work. So one can only be woke if they are 100% woke? Can I be sort of woke?

Being woke about everything is not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X