No announcement yet.

Official Cryptocurrency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terracoin, a crypto pegged to the $1.00 mark and used as a de facto “money market fund,” plunged this week to under $0.50, causing all investors to lose half their money and destabilizing the entire crypto market.

Other cryptos are down 20-40% this week alone, and some are down 75%-90% in the last 3 months.

Comment

You mean TERRAUSD not Terracoin right? Terracoin is priced at $0.017715 today

(that's not confusing or anything)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        You mean TERRAUSD not Terracoin right? Terracoin is priced at $0.017715 today

(that's not confusing or anything)
        Yes, sorry, Terra.

Comment

From advertising in the Super Bowl to the brink of collapse all within the same calendar year echoes the Dot Com bust in more ways than one!

Binance is backing out of its plans to acquire FTX, the company said Wednesday, leaving Sam Bankman-Fried’s crypto empire on the verge of collapse.
          The reversal comes one day after Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao announced that the world’s largest cryptocurrency firm had reached a nonbinding deal to buy FTX’s non-U.S. businesses for an undisclosed amount, rescuing the company from a liquidity crisis. Earlier this year, FTX was valued at $32 billion by private investors.

“In the beginning, our hope was to be able to support FTX’s customers to provide liquidity,” Binance said in a tweet Wednesday. “But the issues are beyond our control or ability to help.”

Comment

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Larry David, Shaquille O'neal, Steph Curry, Trevor Lawrence, David Ortiz, and Shohei Ohtani are among the list of celebrity endorsers being sued in a new cryptocurrency lawsuit.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/tom-br...-ftx-collapse/
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Larry David, Shaquille O'neal, Steph Curry, Trevor Lawrence, David Ortiz, and Shohei Ohtani are among the list of celebrity endorsers being sued in a new cryptocurrency lawsuit. https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/tom-br...-ftx-collapse/
              The article does not mention Ohtani but does mention Naomi Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                The article does not mention Ohtani but does mention Naomi Osaka.
                Ohtani was mentioned in several other articles about the lawsuit. The NY Post omitted his name for some reason.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder of failed crypto exchange FTX, was arrested in the Bahamas on Monday after US prosecutors filed criminal charges against him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So many people are going to lose their retirement nest eggs and pensions because of this greedy scumbucket.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So many people are going to lose their retirement nest eggs and pensions because of this greedy scumbucket.

It is amazing that this can still happen after folks have been burnt before. Regulation and reform is long overdue in the space.

Comment

Commissioner Gordon is not a fan of cryptocurrency.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Commissioner Gordon is not a fan of cryptocurrency.

Agree or not (I think he is too dismissive of crypto in general), this was a great speech. I had to look up his background--he has a degree in Economics fro UVA, greaet school/program. He ain't just a talking head.

Comment

The FBI says this Bulgarian ‘Cryptoqueen’ scammed investors out of $4 billion. Then she boarded a plane in 2017 and disappeared.

Ruja Ignatova launched her cryptocurrency OneCoin with bold statements like, “In two years, nobody will speak about bitcoin anymore.” Investors around the world flooded her with cash, but as OneCoin collapsed under criminal investigations, she boarded a flight to Greece and vanished.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't look now, but Bitcoin is up 30% YTD

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Don't look now, but Bitcoin is up 30% YTD

And of course, I lost my stomach for crypto and pulled out at a small loss rather than stick it out for the rebound. This sort of high risk investing is just not for me, I guess. I didn't have the patience to wait for gains.

Comment

Working...
                                X