Ozuna Trade Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozuna Trade Thoughts

A horrible deal went down in my league tonight only to be reversed, because the team getting the much better end of it backed out. The deal was Marcel Ozuna for Manny Margot and Heliot Ramos. This is a points league, so Margot is not worth much. Anyway, the guy who rejected Ozuna cuz he is LF only is willing to do a 3 way deal where I give Edman, Canha, and Mullins to him, his Ramos and Margot goes to the Ozuna owner, and I get Ozuna.

I like all three guys I am giving, but Ozuna seems far and away the best player and this is a 14 team league (a deep one with 50 man rosters, but still, I can afford to give a 3 for 1). The Ozuna owner is a Braves fan and that has me worried--is he seeing something that has him more worried than a slow start should? He went to sleep, but I think this deal can get done in the morning. I should do it, right? Cavebird and other Braves fans, do you see Ozuna losing PT cuz he can't throw, or do you think he legit is set to have a down year?

It's only 19 batted balls. His statcast numbers are way down but he still has a really good MaxEV, so he's hit at least one ball in the 99th percentile this year. I think he's a good buy low. But I also think maybe he's not going to be the guy he was last year. The 2 years before that he had a 106 and 110 OPS+.

Comment

Agree with joncarlos that expecting last year again is pretty unrealistic. But he's a quality producer hitting behind one of the most stupidly good top-three hitters for any team in baseball, and he'll compile big numbers. If you can spare the pieces - like you, I see value in Canha and Edman - I do that deal in a minute. .270/.330/.470 and 25-30 HR hitting from where he will might just be worth 110 RBI.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Grrr. I hate when this happens. We had a handshake agreement on a 3 way deal, but the owner who had Margot and Ramos made another swap to get the MIFer he needed so cut me out of this deal and kept Ozuna. Ah well.

I ended up dealing Edman and Mullins in another deal, for McCutchen, McMahon, and Manaea. So, I ended up with Canha, McCutchen, McMahon, and Manaea instead of Ozuna. I'd refer Ozuna, but I like Cutch, so hope he comes around and McMahon doesn't turn into a total pumpkin.

Comment

Working...
        X