AL Only waiver pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only waiver pickups

10-team AL only, standard 5x5 for pitching. Team cratered this week, so I have a shot at the first waiver pick. My pitching is bad, so am looking for best upgrade. Options:

- Michael Fulmer - Looks like confidence in his arm is back, as he's jacked up his slider and change usage. Plus, back up to 95+ MPH. Seems like a decent swingman.
    - Yusmiero Petit - Almost always steady MR type.
    - Kenyon Middleton - Is he really in the saves mix? I need saves badly, and other than Jesse Hahn, I don't see any other options.
    - Bryan Abreu - Houston seems to be using him in the multi-inning MR role where he may vulture some wins, and stuff looks above average.
    - Hansel Robles - Back in the 96+MPH range with good control.

Any other potential ideas welcome. Andriese, Cessa, and Junis are out there, too, but don't think they're better than the above.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Given this list, I would swing for the fence and take Middleton. Saves are good for you or for trading.

Comment

If Graveman is available he might be a better choice than Middleton. Hopefully today's game will offer some insight
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        If Graveman is available he might be a better choice than Middleton. Hopefully today's game will offer some insight
        Graveman is avaiable, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Graveman is avaiable, thanks!
          Mariners went with Montero today...so likely waiting in line, but he has pitched well so far
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Remember, his save was an extra innings save after Montero came on in the eighth (strangely) but blew the save. I don't think he's there yet, but in the mix if Montero loses the job.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Remember, his save was an extra innings save after Montero came on in the eighth (strangely) but blew the save. I don't think he's there yet, but in the mix if Montero loses the job.
              Agree - just found it odd the Mariners brought in Montero in the eighth then Graveman in the ninth...was hoping something was happening, even a closer-by-committee.

Comment

Agree - just found it odd the Mariners brought in Montero in the eighth then Graveman in the ninth...was hoping something was happening, even a closer-by-committee.
                Montero gave up a run and blew a save today, Graveman gave up some hard hit balls, but no one scored and he picked up the save
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Great call on Graveman, thanks! Followed your advice and picked him up - two saves this week!

Comment

Great call on Graveman, thanks! Followed your advice and picked him up - two saves this week!
                    Very nice, glad it worked out
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                    X