Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading Acuna in a Dynasty League. Revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Acuna in a Dynasty League. Revisited.

What is enough for a guy like that? Seriously, 2, 3, 4 Studs? do you even consider top minor leaguers? How do you factor in age?

Any thoughts are welcome.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm a dynasty league, I don't think you can trade away arguably the#1 player unless you're getting a truly massive haul. Other than that, it's hard to speak in generalities. No way would a top minor leaguer be a deal-maker for me.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Too valuable to be traded for anything you could get, I would think. Unless this is the dynasty league that I am in with you, then any crap I offer you is very acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Too valuable to be traded for anything you could get, I would think. Unless this is the dynasty league that I am in with you, then any crap I offer you is very acceptable.
        I've had a couple of offers, mulling them, but there would have to be adjustments to make either work and as great as Acuna is, people just never seem to wanna pay the freight. Not sure if you're in Lockdown, but if you were you'd have gotten the trade block email. so send me a crap offer and If I get drunk tonight, who knows :P
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Mookie Betts and Gerrit Cole?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Mookie Betts and Gerrit Cole?
            That would definitely do it. Of course, there are offers that you have to take for Acuna, but as you have experienced, very rarely does anyone want to give what would make sense--either a comparable young stud (Soto or Tatis), or a combo of top talent above and beyond what most folks would give.

Comment

I dont even have the ammo in that league to make an offer.

Comment

Yeah, I think any offer needs to start with a top 10 or 15 dynasty asset and then contain an awful lot of present or future value in addition to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I dont even have the ammo in that league to make an offer.
                  I hate that when it happens to me.

I like to make offers that I would say yes to (or very close to it). It is terrible to look over my roster and just go nope.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Yeah, I think any offer needs to start with a top 10 or 15 dynasty asset and then contain an awful lot of present or future value in addition to that.
                    You're right.

Any offer that I'd accept for Acuna is one I would not be comfortable making if I'm on the other side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Any offer that I'd accept for Acuna is one I would not be comfortable making if I'm on the other side of it.
                      It's pretty much all of this

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Done Acuna for Yelich, E Suarez and J Altuve.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Done Acuna for Yelich, E Suarez and J Altuve.
                          Makes you a lot better for the next several years, which is all that you can ask. Good job done by you finding a taker, that's a steep price.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Wow. Takes stones to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Makes you a lot better for the next several years, which is all that you can ask. Good job done by you finding a taker, that's a steep price.
                              Yeah I really liked your offer, but I feel this team has a chance to compete now and tatis alone wasn't going to accomplish that. But Thanks for the chats.

And yeah Shark, it was scary on both fronts.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X