early trade offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early trade offers

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Perez $13
    1B - Dalbec $4
    2B - Biggio $11 2nd year keeper
    3B - Moran $1
    SS - Josh Harrison $10
    CI - Marwin Gonzalez $5
    MI - Kim $13
    OF - Trout $55 9th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $5
    OF - Dozier $13
    OF - Riley $15
    DH - Renfroe $1
    P - Nola $23 5th year keeper
    P - Paddack $16 2nd year keeper
    P - Singer $4 2nd year keeper
    P - Caleb Smith $1
    P - Wainwright $6
    P - Mills $1
    P - Iglesias $15
    P - Devin Williams $15
    P - Gregory Soto $5
    BN - Chavis $5
    BN - Rooker $5
    BN - Pavin Smith $1
    BN - Bubic $5
    BN - Manoah $3
    BN - Andrew Miller $%
    BN - Daniel Hudson $5
    DL - Mondesi $14 3rd year keeper
    MN - Rutschman $10
    MN - Campusano $10
    MN - Brujan $1
    MN - Nolan Jones $10

Been offered trades from 3 different owners:

RP Cesar Valdez $10 and SP Brendan McKay $1 for Austin Riley
    OF Clint Frazier $14 for Aaron Nola
    SS Carlos Correa $22, SS Royce Lewis $1, and SP Miles Mikolas $1 for Adalberto Mondesi and Aaron Nola

Are any of these worth considering? Or countering?

Hell no. Awful trade offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Hell no. Awful trade offers.
      agreed

Comment

They are awful trade offers.

Let's play a game.

Go back to the owner who offered you this SS Carlos Correa $22, SS Royce Lewis $1, and SP Miles Mikolas $1 for Adalberto Mondesi and Aaron Nola and ask them Why would I do this?

Post what his response is.

I did that for a particularly bad offer one time and the response was I really want your player. Let's see if your owner can top that one.

Comment

None of those are acceptable offers but what exactly is the downside to countering? Unless you just dont want to trade, which is fine.

Counter with a similarly unbalanced trade in your favor, maybe they accept. They have established that unbalanced is okay, so counter with a similarly unbalanced option, but in your favori.

Comment

Agree they're all really bad offers, and also agree with Ken on countering with something in your favor. The key question is - what are you targeting?

You're reliever heavy in a league that heavily favors SPs. Mills going to the bullpen doesn't help your team at all. You're strong in the OF, have some flexibility at CI, and have great minors.

Conceptually, I'd start any conversation with "Nola and Paddack are not available." In your league, those are five-category players, especially Nola.

I'd look at the owner who is interested in Riley and see what you can do for Riley and one of your RPs not named Iglesias to get a SP. Or another infield bat.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'd look at the owner who is interested in Riley and see what you can do for Riley and one of your RPs not named Iglesias to get a SP. Or another infield bat.
              Is even Iglesias all that valuable in a S+HD league? I'd be looking for someone who is starry eyed over saves

Comment

SS Carlos Correa $22, SS Royce Lewis $1, and SP Miles Mikolas $1 for Adalberto Mondesi and Aaron Nola
                Wow, this one is beyond horrendous. Lewis is out for the season, so he will now have missed two straight years, and what the heck are you gonna do with Mikolas? Yeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Is even Iglesias all that valuable in a S+HD league? I'd be looking for someone who is starry eyed over saves
                  Valid point. Certainly if he can drive a better SP in return, that's probably worth it.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Would Alcantara $20 or Lynn $22 be a good counter for Riley? I'd like to find a way to get Hader $15/3.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                      Would Alcantara $20 or Lynn $22 be a good counter for Riley? I'd like to find a way to get Hader $15/3.
                      Lynn no way. Alcantara is probably in the ballpark, but I'd want more if I had him.

Comment

Got another offer from a different owner:

SS Swanson $9/1st year and 2b Owings $10 for SS Mondesi and IF Gonzalez

He has 1B Walsh $11 and 2B LeMaieu $13/2nd year I would like to try getting.

Thoughts?

Comment

Got another offer from a different owner:

SS Swanson $9/1st year and 2b Owings $10 for SS Mondesi and IF Gonzalez

He has 1B Walsh $11 and 2B LeMaieu $13/2nd year I would like to try getting.

Thoughts?
                          Mondesi for Swanson? Why would you do that?

Comment

It's what he offered. That's why I come here to know if it's a good offer or not.

Comment

It's what he offered. That's why I come here to know if it's a good offer or not.
                              It’s not even close. Mondesi had an ADP of 26 and Swanson 105. The other guy is using Owings hot start to try to take advantage of you.

Plus, Owings just went on the IL.

Comment

Working...
                              X