Post Covid Bucket List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Covid Bucket List

I'm not one for bucket lists but I found myself needing to test my new headphones yesterday so I went to youtube & after a few links found myself watching the Arcade Fire live at Glastonbury ... and now I totally want to see them live. Since Montreal is only 3.5 hours away from me (and that's their home) I would LOVE to see them live at an outdoor festival there ... which I gotta hope is in the planning.

Oh, and of course getting to a Jays game this year is a must do when they get back up here.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I went to youtube & after a few links found myself watching the Arcade Fire live at Glastonbury ... and now I totally want to see them live.
    I'll just leave it here that I was at this show:

I just got home from the second night in a row of The Arcade Fire in NYC. It was my fifth time seeing them live, and it was absolutely the best show yet...
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I saw Arcade Fire in Vegas a few weeks after that shooting. It was surreal but they still put on a great show.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I saw Arcade Fire in Vegas a few weeks after that shooting. It was surreal but they still put on a great show.
        I just missed you then, I was there during the shooting.

Comment

I've seen them twice. They put on a fantastic show. Although the second time I saw them, LCD Soundsystem opened for them and stole the show. Even though Arcade Fire was a great show - LCD was just off the charts.

Comment

I am hoping to see Roger Waters in the round this summer. Last year's show was cancelled. We had very good seats.

I am also hoping to start up long (3 or 4 days) weekend road trips with Mrs. Gregg.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I've seen them twice. They put on a fantastic show. Although the second time I saw them, LCD Soundsystem opened for them and stole the show. Even though Arcade Fire was a great show - LCD was just off the charts.
              LCD is #1 on my list, hopefully they tour again.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I was not familiar with them (or at least I wasn't with their name, though I realize now I have heard them before), but like Arcade Fire, so your mention of them together brought me to Youtube where the first song I clicked on ended up being a music video for Oh Baby that in 6 minutes told a more impactful story than most full length movies. It was directed by Rian Johnson, and features Sissy Spacek and David Strathairn. It is well worth the watch for anyone like me that was "in the dark" on them. I will be listening to and watching more from them.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  LCD is #1 on my list, hopefully they tour again.
                  I usually don’t even like that kind of music in general but I’ve seen them twice and was just floored both times.

Comment

It's been on my BL since pre-COVID-19, but my next trip will be to Texas. I want to see Rangers and Astros games, eat all the Whataburger, and maybe go on a short cruise.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      It's been on my BL since pre-COVID-19, but my next trip will be to Texas. I want to see Rangers and Astros games, eat all the Whataburger, and maybe go on a short cruise.
                      Going to DFW or Houston? I'm 15 minutes away from Globe Life Field.

Comment

Our 2020 trip was going to be Target Field/Mall of America/Twin Cities. I'd still like to get that one done.

Shorter term - mini golf! And just going to a Pirates game. And I can't wait to see what concerts start getting scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Going to DFW or Houston? I'm 15 minutes away from Globe Life Field.
                          Yes - my home base will likely be San Antonio with road trips for baseball. I will post a Texas thread when my plans are more real - it would be great to meet up. I teach high school and should be vaccinated by June, so this summer is a possibility - currently if I were to fly to the US I'd have to quarantine in a hotel for 3d upon return at my expense ($2K price tag because of security, food and doctors).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I am hoping to see Roger Waters in the round this summer. Last year's show was cancelled. We had very good seats.

I am also hoping to start up long (3 or 4 days) weekend road trips with Mrs. Gregg.
                            Just got notice that our Roger Waters Concert has been rescheduled. FOR JULY 28th 2022! I guess that is good news bad news.
                            Last edited by Gregg; 05-18-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Just got notice that our Roger Waters Concert has been rescheduled. FOR JULY 28th 2020! I guess that is good news bad news.
                              Pretty bad news if it’s going to be held 9 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X