• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eloy Jimenez: Looks like bad news....

Just saw this....

Brutal.

Comment

This just sucks so much. The White Sox have done such a great job putting their team together and Eloy might just be their biggest star.

They're obviously an all-in team this year, have to think a significant trade may happen.

Comment

Yasiel Puig to the red courtesy phone ...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Yasiel Puig to the red courtesy phone ...
          Between this and the disaster that is the Cardinals OF, I have to believe he's going to get signed soon.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Between this and the disaster that is the Cardinals OF, I have to believe he's going to get signed soon.
            I'm not so sure, there seems to be a baseball wide agreement NOT to sign Puig. There are plenty of clubs out there that could have used him last year, and certainly for this year. Something may have happened that nobody is going to discuss, I hope I'm wrong, but he's too skilled a player not to be on a team.

Heard that Andrew Vaughn is playing LF today...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

still seems like they are one adam eaton pulled hammy from WTF now territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I'm not so sure, there seems to be a baseball wide agreement NOT to sign Puig. There are plenty of clubs out there that could have used him last year, and certainly for this year. Something may have happened that nobody is going to discuss, I hope I'm wrong, but he's too skilled a player not to be on a team.
                You could be right, but the White Sox and Cards have World Series aspirations. There's a lot of other teams he could help (yes, I'm looking at you, Baltimore), but those don't really have playoff chances in '21.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  This just sucks so much. The White Sox have done such a great job putting their team together and Eloy might just be their biggest star.

They're obviously an all-in team this year, have to think a significant trade may happen.
                  I was looking forward to watching Eloy and Sox take the next step this year. Certainly lets the air out of the balloon a bit.

Comment

Vaughn to LF. Asking a lot but makes him a lot more valuable. But absolutely terrible, terrible news for baseball fans as Eloy is fantastic.

Comment

When you pile sexual assualt on top of clubhouse cancer, IMO you end up with an unsigned player.

Comment

The sexual assault charge against him is very disturbing. I would hope that no team signs him until that issue is resolved. Or depending on the findings, maybe they sent him off to bunk with Felipe Vazquez.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          When you pile sexual assualt on top of clubhouse cancer, IMO you end up with an unsigned player.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/ex-dodg...lt-1234607027/
                          That site is in desperate need of an editor if the below is a "related story"

RELATED STORY
                          Trevor Bauer, NL Cy Young Winner, Comes Home To Sign With LA Dodgers

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                            Vaughn to LF. Asking a lot but makes him a lot more valuable. But absolutely terrible, terrible news for baseball fans as Eloy is fantastic.
                            Then I suppose they could go out and get Edwin back to play DH again? That could work. Or maybe Zack Collins gets a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

https://deadline.com/2020/10/ex-dodg...lt-1234607027/
                              Probably a likely source of the non-signing. But again, the incident happened roughly 3 years ago...is it progressing in the courts? And am I safe in assuming that there are no criminal investigation going on as well?
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X