MSGL 12TO AL Only Auction - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSGL 12TO AL Only Auction - HDID

My team has won back to back league titles, wombat and TW already posted their rosters so here is what I wound up with.

5x5 12 teams holds+saves keep 10, in bold. Lineup moves are daily so you can stream a lot of MR's for holds and K's/ratio help.

C M Maldanado $1
    1B M Moreland $14
    2B Dylan Moore $1
    3B Yoan Moncada $15
    SS W Castro $5
    MI DJ LeMahieu $18
    CI R Devers $15
    OF R Grossman $1
    OF M Margot $8
    OF E Rosario $28
    OF A Verduo $22

OF J Reddick $3
    UT M Franco $16
    UT Y Tsutsugo $8

P Z Greinkie $39
    P Hyun Jin Ryu $36
    P J Sheffield $9
    P Diego Castillo $8
    P T Duffey $6
    P M Mayers $3
    P M Fiers $2
    P P Baez $1
    P Evan Marshall $1

RSVS

Danny Santana $1
    Sam Haggerty $1
    Danny Duffy $1
    Nick Pivetta $1
    Matt Foster $1

Farm that might help

George Kirby
    DL Hall
    Alek Manoah
    Jeter Downs

The plan was $70 on 2/3 top Sp's which were Ryu Glanow and Greinkie. I paid $75. I obviously kept a lot of offense I just tried to fill in the holes as best I could. I don't know if I got enough to win, but honestly I am ok with where I am at coming out of it. Come on boys let's get that 3-peat!

Looks like you executed well. I would guess Kirby helps more next year fwiw. Overall good stuff. I like the Maikel Franco buy. The rest of the offense you bought seems to lack upside and playing time, but that’s to be expected. You should be a serious contender again.

Comment

I liked the Castillo, Sheffield, Franco and Moreland buys. I wish I would of gone higher on Ryu, both to have him on my team and keep him off yours

Greinkie's age makes me nervous and I hope he doesn't fall of the cliff.

Overall your offense is more than solid, I have you getting at least 8 points or higher in each category. Pitching is lagging, mainly in K's and the ratio's but these programs don't account for the streaming that we do. In the end I have you, me and Big Tymers way above everyone else.

There were a lot of buys on other teams with players either already sent down or who will be sent down, will make you a busy guy reviewing all of those players.

Comment

Sheffield looks like a really, really good buy to me. Ryu looks really solid given league context and inflation, and while Greinke looks pricey (about 50% inflation, by my value for him), he fits your needs in a streaming league - solid on wins and ratios.

Your two reserve Dannys could provide some solid value. Really like both those moves. Same for Pivetta; I'm actually surprised he made it to your reserve round.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Solid squad as always. Greinke to me was a wild overpay but when you bought him there was nothing else left so we got a bit of a bidding war. Surprised you weren't in on Glasnow since if your intent was to grab 2 of the top 3 starters (Glasnow/Ryu/Greinke) then Glasnow came up first and was kind of a bargain in hindsight. Greinke keeps doing his thing but the stuff keeps sliding so just not sure it will be a steady decline vs. a more significant drop off when it comes.

The callout I have for you is the same for a lot of us and that's innings. I'm really uncomfortable with the limit of 900 innings myself and see that as a potential challenge as well for you. But you manage the MR's well so maybe that will be enough to offset lack of SP depth. Have you in 3rd post-draft but lot can happen to close that gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            Solid squad as always. Greinke to me was a wild overpay but when you bought him there was nothing else left so we got a bit of a bidding war. Surprised you weren't in on Glasnow since if your intent was to grab 2 of the top 3 starters (Glasnow/Ryu/Greinke) then Glasnow came up first and was kind of a bargain in hindsight. Greinke keeps doing his thing but the stuff keeps sliding so just not sure it will be a steady decline vs. a more significant drop off when it comes.

The callout I have for you is the same for a lot of us and that's innings. I'm really uncomfortable with the limit of 900 innings myself and see that as a potential challenge as well for you. But you manage the MR's well so maybe that will be enough to offset lack of SP depth. Have you in 3rd post-draft but lot can happen to close that gap.
            I guess I am sort of hoping I get about 600 IP's from Greinkie, Ryu, Fiers, and Sheffield. Then see what I get from Pivetta? Mix and match MR's so that I have them in for every game and if I am in I am sure I'll be trading for at least an SP3 type.

I was running the rotowire software and I had Glasnow at the price he went for with inflation I just wasn't sure if I could get a little discount on Zack as not being the young upside guy so I waited. I got Ryu for under what I had him going for and Zack went for $4 over what I had him projected for with inflation.

It'll be fun and I am basically going to chase really hard until I lose DJ, Devers, and Moncada after 2022 so this year and next are the end of my window to win I imagine.

Comment

Trade market for SPs will be EXTREMELY active & competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                Trade market for SPs will be EXTREMELY active & competitive
                Yup, Glasnow will likely be available for a price...a VERY high price.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Keeping 9 hitters plus $6 Duffey meant you were going to have to spend a lot on pitching to compete. You did well in assessing what you needed, but I would have approached it slightly differently. Instead of 2 aces for $75, I would have targeted SP1 for $35, and SP2/SP3 for $40. There were a lot more options I liked in the $20 range than the $35-$40 range. So that's where your depth is lacking after the top 2. I'm not a huge fan of Sheffield, and Fiers and Duffy won't help either, Pivetta is a long-shot too, but at least carries some upside. I also see this team struggling with K's, given that neither of the 2 aces are high K rate guys.

Offense you had some good buys. I like the CI duo of Moreland $14 and Franco $16, good producers for their prices. Is Reddick a legal buy though, being a FA? Does he need to sign with the AL before opening day to be kept?

Overall, you executed your plan well. Certainly better than I executed my own. If Greinke and Ryu hold up you have a good chance to win, but if either of Greinke or Ryu get hurt or perform badly, your house of cards collapses pretty quickly. That's why I'd have done everything I could to split my SP spending into 3 high end assets instead of 2.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Did Reddick sign somewhere?

Comment

No to both of you Reddick was an illegal buy my software and cbs listed him with Astros and I was a lazy idiot. So yeah I will be forced to drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        No to both of you Reddick was an illegal buy my software and cbs listed him with Astros and I was a lazy idiot. So yeah I will be forced to drop him.
                        Sorry to read this I was hoping you knew something I didn't. I own him for 2 bucks and didn't want to have to drop him before our auction.

Comment

Working...
                        X