2K21 AL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21 AL Only Keepers

Keepers are due on Friday. It's a 12 team 6x6 AL only league; AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB x QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We can keep 12. $265 to spend, 14 hitters and 10 pitchers. Normal hitting positions; but 4 OF, 1 UT and 1 DH. This year due to the weirdness of last year we decided to roll over all kept players contracts. So all B contracts stay be and anyone would was originally a dead C20 contract can be kept this year. C21 can be pushed to C22, etc, though I don't have any of those. F players can be kept for one year. I'm going to skip most of my roster (defending champs!)

Vladdy Guerrero $10B
    Luke Voit $19A
    Rowdy Tellez $3B
    Josh Donaldson $30A
    Marwin Gonzalez $3A
    Brandon Lowe $16B
    Marcus Semien $31A
    Adalbeto Mondesi $13C21
    Eddie Rosario $29C20
    Stephen Piscotty $5A

Alex Colome $16B
    Emmanuel Clase $1A
    Jake Odorizzi $4B
    Justus Sheffield $3A
    Shane Bieber $38A
    Tyler Duffy $10F
    Yusmeiro Petit $1B

Prospects are not a plentiful as the NL team:

Julio Rodriguez $10M
    AJ Puk $10M
    Triston McKenzie $5M

What do you guys think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I'd cut Duffy (although I dont know where he falls on the hold-o-meter), and likely Donaldson.
    Otherwise, very solid.
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

Vladdy Guerrero $10B ---> Um, yeah
      Luke Voit $19A ----------->Um, yeah, again
      Rowdy Tellez $3B -----> I'd roll the dice on him
      Josh Donaldson $30A
      Marwin Gonzalez $3A
      Brandon Lowe $16B ------> Yup
      Marcus Semien $31A
      Adalbeto Mondesi $13C21 ---> Yes
      Eddie Rosario $29C20
      Stephen Piscotty $5A

Alex Colome $16B ----> Yes
      Emmanuel Clase $1A
      Jake Odorizzi $4B -----> Yes
      Justus Sheffield $3A ---> Him too
      Shane Bieber $38A ---> Staff ace
      Tyler Duffy $10F
      Yusmeiro Petit $1B

Julio Rodriguez $10M
      AJ Puk $10M
      Triston McKenzie $5M

What do you guys think?
      One more, assuming minor leaguers don't count against your total. If they do, then I'd toss over Tellez and keep Julio Rodriguez and McKenzie. If they don't, I'd be inclined to keep Rosario though there's not a lot of profit there.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nice list.

Vladdy Guerrero $10B - yes

Luke Voit $19A - yes
        Rowdy Tellez $3B - yes
        Josh Donaldson $30A - no, too pricey
        Marwin Gonzalez $3A - no
        Brandon Lowe $16B - yes
        Marcus Semien $31A -no, too pricey
        Adalbeto Mondesi $13C21 - yes
        Eddie Rosario $29C20 - yes
        Stephen Piscotty $5A -no (there is a little bit of profit there, I think, but I'm not a fan)

Alex Colome $16B - no (seems pricey for half a closer)
        Emmanuel Clase $1A - yes
        Jake Odorizzi $4B - yes
        Justus Sheffield $3A - maybe
        Shane Bieber $38A - yes
        Tyler Duffy $10F - no
        Yusmeiro Petit $1B - yes (always worth having around)

Julio Rodriguez $10M - maybe
        AJ Puk $10M - yes
        Triston McKenzie $5M - yes

Clase and Petit are tough ones. They are definitely the type of guys I would buy at auction, but not traditionally the type of guys people freeze. You won't get them any cheaper though.
        Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 03-17-2021, 06:14 PM.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Nice list.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Clase and Petit are tough ones. They are definitely the type of guys I would buy at auction, but not traditionally the type of guys people freeze. You won't get them any cheaper though.
          We have holds as a category. Clase is worth $11 in our format and Petit $7. I've had multiple teams trying to trade for Clase, though none have come close to making an offer that is worth considering.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I did not include Framber Valdez on my list cause I figured he was done for the year but now he might be back in June. He's $10F so I could only keep him this year. I don't think this news makes much of a difference and he's still not a keeper. He might go for $10 in the draft but that's because you can keep him on new contract.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I did not include Framber Valdez on my list cause I figured he was done for the year but now he might be back in June.
              I'm letting him go at 10 in my AL only, 10-team.

Comment

Here's what I ended up with, * for keepers:

C Wilson Ramos $13A
                C Tom Murphy $10A
                1B Vlad Guerrero $10B*
                CI Rowdy Tellez $3B*
                3B Yandy Diaz $10A
                2B Brandon Lowe $16B*
                MI Andrelton Simmons $8A
                SS Adalberto Mondesi $13C23
                OF Eddie Rosario $29C21*
                OF Stephen Piscotty $5B*
                OF Willie Calhoun $13A
                OF Adam Eaton $10A
                DH Luke Voit $19B*
                UT Freddy Galvis $5A

P Shane Bieber $38B*
                P Jake Oddorizi $4B*
                P Justus Sheffield $3B*
                P Jose Urquidy $20A
                P Jonathan Loasiga $5A
                P Andres Munoz $1A
                P Ken Giiles $1A
                P Yusmeiro Petit $1B*
                P Emmanuel Clase $1B*
                P Rafael Dolis $15A

I left $14 on the table.

Minors:

Triston McKenzie $5M
                AJ Puk $10M
                Julio Rodriguez $10M
                Simeon Woods-Richardson $5M
                Jack Leiter $5M

Inflation was insane going into the draft, about 50%. I've never seen it that crazy high. The crazy thing is players went for more than those inflated prices. To get anyone worthwhile you had to overspend, and start drinking at 11 AM. Trout went for $66, Jameson Tallion went for $29!! Robbie Grossman $17, Taylor Trammell $16, Aaron Hicks $25, Miles Straw $22, Trevor Rosenthal $30, and Raisel Iglesias $26. There were very little bargains at the end. Someone snagged Odor for $1, that could be nice. Based on the profit in RotoLab Joley Rodriguez at $1 is the most profitable player drafted, with Simmons and Galvis close behind.

I know that Tom Murphy at $10 was too much but I had a really hard time spending my money and felt he was the best catcher left and there just wasn't anywhere to spent it, as evidenced by leaving $14 on the table. The crazy thing, that wasn't the highest total. One team left $29, $16 for another and one more team also left $14 (and that was with spending $25 on Luis Patino; he and the guy who left $29 got into a bidding war and it just became silly and not real money).

I'm light on starters but I have McKenzie I can plug in for Munoz and I figure Puk could get a look in the rotation at some point. There are few on the FA pool I can pick up too.

So let me have it, what say you all? I need saves, I know. I should get some next year with Giles/Munoz . That's an easy fix through a trade.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It's a good looking team. IF stronger than OF but stats are stats. I really like the Calhoun and Urquidy buys given inflation. You need saves but they can be found. Great start.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    It's a good looking team. IF stronger than OF but stats are stats. I really like the Calhoun and Urquidy buys given inflation. You need saves but they can be found. Great start.
                    Thanks. Yeah, the OF is an odd collection of bodies, but fixable if needed. By the time Urquidy was called out the difference between him and the next guy was really steep. But I'm still so pissed about not spending all my money. I was saving some of it to get Shane McClanhan at the end but he went for too much. In retrospect, I should have gone the extra dollar but at $11 was he ever going to be a keeper?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Galvis, Eaton, and Simmons are all good buys in my book. With saves and holds as separate categories, though, you had to get a closer, even at outrageous prices. Or, if you're not going to consciously spend on a closer (possibly a good call, given prices), you need to get in the SP mud before Urquidy or the OF mud before Calhoun and spend some serious cash.

Munoz and Giles - especially Giles, given his name recognition - was a slick move.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Galvis, Eaton, and Simmons are all good buys in my book. With saves and holds as separate categories, though, you had to get a closer, even at outrageous prices. Or, if you're not going to consciously spend on a closer (possibly a good call, given prices), you need to get in the SP mud before Urquidy or the OF mud before Calhoun and spend some serious cash.

Munoz and Giles - especially Giles, given his name recognition - was a slick move.
                        Urquidy was the SP mud. The available pitchers were Grienke $31, Kluber, $27 Paxton $22 and Taillon $29. Then it dropped to Garrett Richards, Robbie Ray, Quintana types.

I like Calhoun, but I agree that a better outfielder should have been had, I just got too timed in spending my money.

RotoLab still projects me to be in first, so there is that.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                        X