No announcement yet.

2K21 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D’Arnaud is a likely keep at 8. Hicks - no way! That’s crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Well, and plus I'm an idiot and didn't even notice that you have holds as a category. Damnit.

Edit: Strike what I said about Williams for sure. Have to think on the other guys. Seems like your league really rewards power hitters as well.

Edit 2: Your MRs are still quite pricey, which makes the call pretty tough. Williams is a keep. Hicks.....eh, coming off of major injury? Ditto Kela. I'd be tempted to just keep Williams and that's it. Depends on your tolerance for risk, I suppose. Relievers are a pretty fungible bunch year-to-year.
      I tend to agree that Williams is the only one to keep. Though I not in eluding Peralta in the MR group. He might not be in the rotation right now but I think of him as a starter.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Here are the players I'd feel best about keeping (in bold):

Travis d'Arnaud $8A
        Carson Kelly $3B

Alec Bohm $5M -A
        Keston Hiura $10B
        Mauricio Dubon $3A

Gregory Polanco $18B
        Jaylin Davis $1A
        Joc Pederson $5C20
        Lane Thomas $1A
        Sam Hilliard $14A

Alex Wood $8A
        Anthony DeSclanfani $1B
        Clayton Kershaw $25B
        Devin Williams $10F

Elieser Hernandez $10F
        Freddy Peralta $8A
        Gensis Cabrera $1A
        Jordan Hicks $15A
        Keone Kela $10B

Sean Doolittle $10F

Prospects:
        Daulton Varsho $10M
        Jazz Chisholm $10M
        Ke'Bryan Hayes $5M
        MacKenzie Gore $5M
        Brailyn Marquez $5M
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          Here are the players I'd feel best about keeping (in bold):

Travis d'Arnaud $8A
          Carson Kelly $3B

Alec Bohm $5M -A
          Keston Hiura $10B
          Mauricio Dubon $3A

Gregory Polanco $18B
          Jaylin Davis $1A
          Joc Pederson $5C20
          Lane Thomas $1A
          Sam Hilliard $14A

Alex Wood $8A
          Anthony DeSclanfani $1B
          Clayton Kershaw $25B
          Devin Williams $10F

Elieser Hernandez $10F
          Freddy Peralta $8A
          Gensis Cabrera $1A
          Jordan Hicks $15A
          Keone Kela $10B

Sean Doolittle $10F

Prospects:
          Daulton Varsho $10M
          Jazz Chisholm $10M
          Ke'Bryan Hayes $5M
          MacKenzie Gore $5M
          Brailyn Marquez $5M
          Agree with this. I'd consider Peralta too. Decent gamble for this year and the future at that price.

But no one is loving DeSclafani @ $1 ?! The Giants are known for creating diamonds from coal with their pitching.

Comment

I offered Kelly to another team for Pollock $11A and they asked for d'Arnaud instead. Wondering what you folks think. I think they will put up similar numbers with d'Arnaud having a better average.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Can you get a "mediocre" C for just $5 in a 2C/12 team NL only league? Replacement level is the 24th catcher in the NL which is pretty low.
              I think so - maybe not one with a sheen of upside like Kelly, but is Jacob Stallings really going a lot higher than 5? Or Tucker Barnhart?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                I offered Kelly to another team for Pollock $11A and they asked for d'Arnaud instead. Wondering what you folks think. I think they will put up similar numbers with d'Arnaud having a better average.
                Is 12 HR similar to 18? Thats the Steamer projection. D'Arnaud is hitting in the middle of one of the best lineups in baseball and is coming off a season where he hit .321. Sure that will regress, but Kelly is vastly inferior in every conceivable way except injury concern.

Comment

I tend to agree that Williams is the only one to keep. Though I not in eluding Peralta in the MR group. He might not be in the rotation right now but I think of him as a starter.
                  Although Peralta might get a shot at starting, I would be leery about him in your format. Lots of 5 IP starts where you don't get the full point for the QS. I would target guys with higher IP/GS in your format in general.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Is 12 HR similar to 18? Thats the Steamer projection. D'Arnaud is hitting in the middle of one of the best lineups in baseball and is coming off a season where he hit .321. Sure that will regress, but Kelly is vastly inferior in every conceivable way except injury concern.
                    I'm going off Baseball HQ projections in RotoLab. I like d'Arnaud better, which is why I offered Kelly. Was just wondering if the upgrade is still worth Pollock. I'm not sure it is.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Pollock is underrated and d'Arnaud is overrated. You might be able to squeeze a little more out in return, imo. I wouldn't be shocked if Kelly outperforms d'Arnaud this year, honestly.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                        Agree with this. I'd consider Peralta too. Decent gamble for this year and the future at that price.

But no one is loving DeSclafani @ $1 ?! The Giants are known for creating diamonds from coal with their pitching.
                        I like him as a decent flyer...but I think you can get him for $1 - $3 in the end game.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post

But Kapler is now managing SF, and he is a guy who absolutely screws up his pitchers. They have no idea when or how they will be used and I doubt Kapler does either.
                          Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                            But Kapler is now managing SF, and he is a guy who absolutely screws up his pitchers. They have no idea when or how they will be used and I doubt Kapler does either.
                            Bullpens I'll give you, but what SPs has he screwed up? Seems like he's had at least some limited success with them. Nola, Gausman, Smyly

Comment

I can't tell you how many times Kapler pulled starters--esp. Nola--when they were cruising through the lineup, sometimes with a shutout, or a bunch of SO's. His explanation was always hilarious [but not to some very PO'ed starters], saying the metrics against a particular batter said he should make the move, or a blanket "3rd time through the lineup". Notice that not one starter actually improved during his stint in Philly--all either regressed or barely stayed the same [Nola]. I'll give him that his pitching coach was a disaster, but who hired and retained him?
                              Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                                I can't tell you how many times Kapler pulled starters--esp. Nola--when they were cruising through the lineup, sometimes with a shutout, or a bunch of SO's. His explanation was always hilarious [but not to some very PO'ed starters], saying the metrics against a particular batter said he should make the move, or a blanket "3rd time through the lineup". Notice that not one starter actually improved during his stint in Philly--all either regressed or barely stayed the same [Nola]. I'll give him that his pitching coach was a disaster, but who hired and retained him?
                                He has managed 3 seasons (really 2 and a half).

In those seasons, Nola had his best year of his career (2018)
                                Gausman had his best "year" of his career (2020)
                                Smyly had his best "year" of his career (2020).
                                Cahill had his best "year" since 2016 (2020)
                                Eflin had 2 decent years under Kapler after having been terrible previously.
                                Velasquez had 2 years in 2018/2019 that were better than 2017
                                Although terrible, Pivetta was better in 2018/2019 than before/after Kapler

You are citing that pitchers regressed under Kapler, but that's only because several of them had good years his first year (and even in his 2nd they were still better than 2017).

I'm not seeing it, Kapler has been fine for starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X