2K21 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21 NL Only Keepers

Keepers are due on Friday. It's a 12 team 6x6 NL only league; AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB x QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We can keep 12. $265 to spend on 14 hitters and 10 pitchers. This year due to the weirdness of last year we decided to roll over all kept players contracts. So all B contracts stay be and anyone would was originally a dead C20 contract can be kept this year. C21 can be pushed to C22, etc, though I don't have any of those. F players can be kept for one year. I'm going to skip most of my roster

Travis d'Arnaud $8A
    Carson Kelly $3B
    Alec Bohm $5M (lost rookie eligibility so needs to be one of my 12 keepers and goes into the year with an A contract
    Keston Hiura $10B
    Mauricio Dubon $3A
    Gregory Polanco $18B
    Jaylin Davis $1A
    Joc Pederson $5C20 (can be kept this year)
    Lane Thomas $1A
    Sam Hilliard $14A

Alex Wood $8A
    Anthony DeSclanfani $1B
    Clayton Kershaw $25B
    Devin Williams $10F
    Elieser Hernandez $10F
    Freddy Peralta $8A
    Gensis Cabrera $1A
    Jordan Hicks $15A
    Keone Kela $10B
    Sean Doolittle $10F

By my count I think there are 13 players here that are legitimate keepers.

My prospects are:

Daulton Varsho $10M
    Jazz Chisholm $10M
    Ke'Bryan Hayes $5M
    MacKenzie Gore $5M
    Brailyn Marquez $5M

I can draft a placeholder for Hayes and maybe Varsho (if he makes the team, who qualifies at C) at the draft and activate them once the season starts. We draft off the the 40 man roster so I can pick someone that won't make the team and reserve them. A nice way to get an extra potential keeper.

So who are the 12 you got?
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 03-16-2021, 08:32 PM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Travis d'Arnaud $8A - Yes
    Carson Kelly $3B - Yes
    Alec Bohm $5M (lost rookie eligibility so needs to be one of my 12 keepers and goes into the year with an A contract - Yes
    Keston Hiura $10B - Yes
    Mauricio Dubon $3A - Yes
    Gregory Polanco $18B
    Jaylin Davis $1A
    Joc Pederson $5C20 (can be kept this year) - Yes
    Lane Thomas $1A
    Sam Hilliard $14A - Like him, but not at this salary

Alex Wood $8A - Always Injured
    Anthony DeSclanfani $1B - Meh
    Clayton Kershaw $25B - Yes
    Devin Williams $10F - Yes
    Elieser Hernandez $10F - Like him, but this is full price
    Freddy Peralta $8A - Upside, but cant be counted upon
    Gensis Cabrera $1A
    Jordan Hicks $15A Yes, if he makes it through ST alive
    Keone Kela $10B - Losing value as time goes on
    Sean Doolittle $10F

9 keepers for me

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Keepers are due on Friday. It's a 12 team 6x6 NL only league; AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB x QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We can keep 12. This year due to the weirdness of last year we decided to roll over all kept players contracts. So all B contracts stay be and anyone would was originally a dead C20 contract can be kept this year. C21 can be pushed to C22, etc, though I don't have any of those. F players can be kept for one year. I'm going to skip most of my roster

Travis d'Arnaud $8A
      Carson Kelly $3B************personally, I'd keep Kelly over d'Arnaud--not a believer
      Alec Bohm $5M ************************
      Keston Hiura $10B******************probably
      Mauricio Dubon $3A
      Gregory Polanco $18B -another injury
      Jaylin Davis $1A
      Joc Pederson $5C20 (can be kept this year)*****************
      Lane Thomas $1A
      Sam Hilliard $14A*******************************

Alex Wood $8A--NO--injured once again
      Anthony DeSclanfani $1B
      Clayton Kershaw $25B**********************if he won't go cheaper?
      Devin Williams $10F****************************
      Elieser Hernandez $10F
      Freddy Peralta $8A
      Gensis Cabrera $1A
      Jordan Hicks $15A*********************on talent alone, even if a bit risky
      Keone Kela $10B***********************Both should be in the hunt for saves before too long
      Sean Doolittle $10F********************"""""""""

By my count I think there are 13 players here that are legitimate keepers.

My prospects are:

Daulton Varsho $10M
      Jazz Chisholm $10M
      Ke'Bryan Hayes $5M
      MacKenzie Gore $5M
      Brailyn Marquez $5M

I can draft a placeholder for Hayes and maybe Varsho (if he makes the team, who qualifies at C) at the draft and activate them once the season starts. We draft off the the 40 man roster so I can pick someone that won't make the team and reserve them. A nice way to get an extra potential keeper.

So who are the 12 you got?
      My take!
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Bohm, Hiura, Dubon, Joc, Kershaw, Devin Williams, Jordan Hicks, and Freddy Peralta are easy keeps for me... that makes 8. I'd probably add TDA and Hilliard, since you're light on speed and I think OPS helps him. Lots of questionable guys and guys with a lot of helium. I wouldn't complain about Elieser over Hilliard or keeping both catchers over Hilliard. At least if you keep Kelly you probably have the AZ catchers locked up - feel the championship - but I'd rather pay $14 for Hilliard and $5 for some other mediocre C, than keep Kelly and have to chase Hilliard or Polanco to $25.

Comment

Interesting about Hicks. General consensus with league mates is he's overpriced. I like Kela too but it's a crowded competition for saves in San Diego.

I should note that inflation is about 38% (48% on the hitting side and 22% for pitching). This is based on my keeper projections of all the teams.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'd rather pay $14 for Hilliard and $5 for some other mediocre C, than keep Kelly and have to chase Hilliard or Polanco to $25.
            Can you get a "mediocre" C for just $5 in a 2C/12 team NL only league? Replacement level is the 24th catcher in the NL which is pretty low.

Comment

The lack of love for d'Arnaud in this thread is disconcerting.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Bohm, Hiura, Dubon, Joc, Kershaw, Devin Williams, Jordan Hicks, and Freddy Peralta are easy keeps for me... that makes 8. I'd probably add TDA and Hilliard, since you're light on speed and I think OPS helps him. Lots of questionable guys and guys with a lot of helium. I wouldn't complain about Elieser over Hilliard or keeping both catchers over Hilliard. At least if you keep Kelly you probably have the AZ catchers locked up - feel the championship - but I'd rather pay $14 for Hilliard and $5 for some other mediocre C, than keep Kelly and have to chase Hilliard or Polanco to $25.
                Right now my plan is to keep both catchers but I've been shopping Kelly a little. There isn't going to be a lot of talent available in the draft and if Hilliard were in the draft I think he'd push $20. I am a fan of Elieser and thinking about keeping him, very nice strikeout potential.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I find it odd too.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    He's an easy keep at $8 in 12 team NL only. Catchers who simply get ABs in 2C only leagues are valuable. Catchers who give you decent stats even more so.

Comment

I'd keep both catchers easily. Is Hilliard slated to start? My kneejerk reaction is not to keep him, even though I like him a good bit. I don't think I'd keep any of the middle relievers, even the ones who may get into the closer's role, Hicks included.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        I'd keep both catchers easily. Is Hilliard slated to start? My kneejerk reaction is not to keep him, even though I like him a good bit. I don't think I'd keep any of the middle relievers, even the ones who may get into the closer's role, Hicks included.
                        Hilliard is slated to be on the good side of a platoon with Hampson to start. If he hits, he'll play more.

We have holds as a category. You wouldn't keep Devin Williams?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          Hilliard is slated to be on the good side of a platoon with Hampson to start. If he hits, he'll play more.

We have holds as a category. You wouldn't keep Devin Williams?
                          I would not. Shoulder injury plus setup man plus double digit price. I'd try to trade him if I could. Seems like I'm the odd man out on this one, though, so can't blame you if you want to keep him. MRs just aren't worth $10, even ones with devastating sliders.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Well, and plus I'm an idiot and didn't even notice that you have holds as a category. Damnit.

Edit: Strike what I said about Williams for sure. Have to think on the other guys. Seems like your league really rewards power hitters as well.

Edit 2: Your MRs are still quite pricey, which makes the call pretty tough. Williams is a keep. Hicks.....eh, coming off of major injury? Ditto Kela. I'd be tempted to just keep Williams and that's it. Depends on your tolerance for risk, I suppose. Relievers are a pretty fungible bunch year-to-year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              He's an easy keep at $8 in 12 team NL only. Catchers who simply get ABs in 2C only leagues are valuable. Catchers who give you decent stats even more so.
                              My concern with dArnaud is that he has had zero success as a hitter prior to that insane season we just saw. Was 2020 success a breakthrough or an anomaly?
                              As to AB's for Catchers: I often try to LIMIT AB's from mediocre C's just to keep the counting stats damage to a minimum. YMMV
                              Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                              X