Newspapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspapers

When is the last time you read a newspaper?

Quarantined in my In-Law's house we were getting a local newspaper last March/April. At first I thought great! I soon realized I liked the idea and memories of reading the paper rather than actually doing it now. It almost felt like a homework assignment. It didn't take very long for the unopened plastic bags of newspapers to pile up. We cancelled the subscription and threw them out unread.

Kind of sad but not sad enough to go back.

As a kid, I waited for my dad to get the paper every morning.

As a teen, I had to stop at the newstand every morning on the walk to school, and my friends would borrow the paper from me in class.

In college, I was a journalism minor (my school didn't have it as a major) and also got the paper every morning.

After college, I had a subscription to the NY Daily News for two decades, and my routine was to read the paper on the morning commute into the city.

So needless to say, I loved the daily newspaper and thought for awhile I would go into that industry.

Then, about 15 years ago, it just suddenly seemed like a relic. I haven't read one since.

Comment

I still get the newspaper on the weekends. I kind of still like flipping through it and doing the crossword puzzle. But very little in the newspaper is something I haven't heard about already from some other source.

Comment

RJEL wife still gets it for the coupons. I'll pick it up and read a bit if I'm eating lunch and it's sitting next to me.

I do enjoy reading the Sacramento free weekly alternative paper for goings on in the city and editorials. I use to pick it up while I was out to lunch pre-covid and read it during my meal.

Sacramento News & Review’s published stories issue archive. Sacramento’s independent alternative news & entertainment resource.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I read it for local Sports and the OBITUARY- hate running in to people and Asking how is your Mom only to find out she died last week.

Comment

Working...
          X