Keeper help needed: 12 tm NL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help needed: 12 tm NL

12 tm NL, 1 catcher, 2 UT, 5 bench, $265 budget and we auction our bench spots. Full of aggressive sharks from Rotojunkie. Standard 5x5 categories. Inflation is interesting, very high on studs, up to 50% for top players, some deals to be had late but also tough to spend money on worthwhile pieces.

I feel this is my most stacked keeper list, but I cannot move the extra pieces so I need to make a few tough cut decisions, and some hard extension calls.

J. Soto OF $5 opt
    B. Woodruff SP $5B
    P. Lopez SP $4B
    S. Alcantara SP $5B
    C. Walker 1B $3 opt
    JD Davis 3B/OF $3 opt
    J. McNeil OF $17 opt
    D. Pomeranz RP $2B
    ~~~~~~~~
    G. Cooper 1B/OF $1 opt
    C. Kelly C $1 opt
    E. Hosmer $22B
    J. McGee RP $8B
    M. Ozuna $42B

FARM ($5 when activated, 10 spots)

I. Anderson SP ATL
    N. Lodolo SP CIN
    D. Varsho C/OF ARZ
    L. Campusano C SD
    B. Baty 3B NYM
    H. Perez OF MIL

Ian Anderson and Varsho on the farm ready to produce immediately helps a lot.

Any thoughts on keepers and extensions would be greatly appreciated.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

How many can you keep?

Comment

How many keepers?

Comment

I'd certainly keep McGee given his new home, I suspect he'll be in the running for 20+ saves. You also might want to keep Ozuna, very high production at a somewhat reasonable price for that league. I'd probably extend Soto for 3 seasons...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sorry, 10 major league keepers.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I'd certainly keep McGee given his new home, I suspect he'll be in the running for 20+ saves. You also might want to keep Ozuna, very high production at a somewhat reasonable price for that league. I'd probably extend Soto for 3 seasons...
            Agree with Ozuna and McGee. If you didn't have Varsho in the minors and had an open spot then I'd try and squeeze Kelly in.

Comment

Cooper at $1 with multi-eligibility is worthy of thought.

Extend Soto for 4 seasons.

Comment

I would give Soto three years.

If this was last year I would extend Davis a year. This year I might just play him out.

Agree on keeping McGee. What does Ozuna go for at auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

J. Soto OF $5 opt ------> Extend 4 years
                  B. Woodruff SP $5B
                  P. Lopez SP $4B
                  S. Alcantara SP $5B
                  C. Walker 1B $3 opt ------->Extend one year
                  JD Davis 3B/OF $3 opt -----> Play him out
                  J. McNeil OF $17 opt --------> Extend one year.
                  D. Pomeranz RP $2B
                  ~~~~~~~~
                  G. Cooper 1B/OF $1 opt
                  C. Kelly C $1 opt
                  E. Hosmer $22B
                  J. McGee RP $8B -----> Keep. Escaping Colorado Hell should be very nice for him.
                  M. Ozuna $42B ------> Given your inflation, I'd keep him.

I. Anderson SP ATL
                  N. Lodolo SP CIN
                  D. Varsho C/OF ARZ
                  L. Campusano C SD
                  B. Baty 3B NYM
                  H. Perez OF MIL

Reasoning: Extending anyone four years is a big deal, but in a league with your inflation, I even toyed with recommending extending Soto five years. I just like his profit profile at $25 over $30 even with the extra year. I didn't see anyone mention Walker, but I'd certainly extend him a year. McNeil isn't sexy, but multi-position eligibility, great BA, hitting in a good spot in an upgraded lineup...and extremely high inflation...yeah, I'd take the extra year and $22.

Ozuna's my toughest call, with the high price tag, but he with Soto gives you a formidable OF.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm extending Acuna 5 years to $25 as FYI. So clearly I'd say more than 3 on Soto. Soto/Acuna would go for $60+ at auction thru the life of the contract so tons of value imo even at $25 price tag imo.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Reasoning: Extending anyone four years is a big deal, but in a league with your inflation, I even toyed with recommending extending Soto five years. I just like his profit profile at $25 over $30 even with the extra year. I didn't see anyone mention Walker, but I'd certainly extend him a year. McNeil isn't sexy, but multi-position eligibility, great BA, hitting in a good spot in an upgraded lineup...and extremely high inflation...yeah, I'd take the extra year and $22.

Ozuna's my toughest call, with the high price tag, but he with Soto gives you a formidable OF.
                      I agree with chancellor, except I think I'd play play Walker out. Then again, I've never been a big Walker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        I agree with chancellor, except I think I'd play play Walker out. Then again, I've never been a big Walker fan.
                        Extensions are for superstars. Walker is not a superstar, I agree!

Comment

I agree with your eight definite keepers. Here are my overall thoughts:

J. Soto OF $5 opt - I'd extend 4 seasons to $25
                          B. Woodruff SP $5B
                          P. Lopez SP $4B
                          S. Alcantara SP $5B
                          C. Walker 1B $3 opt - I'd extend 1 season to $8
                          JD Davis 3B/OF $3 opt - Tough choice. Mets don't love his defense at 3B and have allegedly looked at acquiring other 3B. No extension.
                          J. McNeil OF $17 opt - No extension...and I'm a Mets homer.
                          D. Pomeranz RP $2B
                          ~~~~~~~~
                          G. Cooper 1B/OF $1 opt - I'd keep him but not extend
                          C. Kelly C $1 opt - Tempted to keep him...but I'd go with Ozuna instead
                          E. Hosmer $22B - Priced above his inflated value....I'd toss back
                          J. McGee RP $8B - Can you package he and Cooper in a trade for a better closer or hitter? Who knows what Kapler is going to do?
                          M. Ozuna $42B - He's above his inflated value. Is he likely to go higher at auction? I'd probably keep him anyway.

I. Anderson SP ATL
                          N. Lodolo SP CIN
                          D. Varsho C/OF ARZ
                          L. Campusano C SD
                          B. Baty 3B NYM
                          H. Perez OF MIL
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            12 tm NL, 1 catcher, 2 UT, 5 bench, $265 budget and we auction our bench spots. Full of aggressive sharks from Rotojunkie. Standard 5x5 categories. Inflation is interesting, very high on studs, up to 50% for top players, some deals to be had late but also tough to spend money on worthwhile pieces.

I feel this is my most stacked keeper list, but I cannot move the extra pieces so I need to make a few tough cut decisions, and some hard extension calls.

J. Soto OF $5 opt****go for 4 yrs
                            B. Woodruff SP $5B****
                            P. Lopez SP $4B****
                            S. Alcantara SP $5B****
                            C. Walker 1B $3 opt****, no option
                            JD Davis 3B/OF $3 opt**** no option
                            J. McNeil OF $17 opt****, maybe 1 year, probably play him out
                            D. Pomeranz RP $2B*****at this price, even Pomeranz can't hurt you!
                            ~~~~~~~~
                            G. Cooper 1B/OF $1 opt
                            C. Kelly C $1 opt
                            E. Hosmer $22B
                            J. McGee RP $8B****
                            M. Ozuna $42B********if you don't think he will go for less, I'd do it

I. Anderson SP ATL
                            N. Lodolo SP CIN
                            D. Varsho C/OF ARZ
                            L. Campusano C SD
                            B. Baty 3B NYM
                            H. Perez OF MIL

Nice set of keepers!
                            Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                            X