Trading Soto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Soto

I have a $15, due extension, Soto in a 10-team NL-only 5x5 OBP league.

Guy has been bugging me all offseason but never actually making anything remotely in the ballpark in terms of an offer.

Today, he offered me $29 Yelich, due extension, $3 Ketel Marte, due extension and a choice of $13 Justin Turner due extension OR $12 Ian Happ second year for Soto at $15 due extension and $10 Harrison Bader.

I still think it's a no, just because Soto is such a monster in an OBP league, and supposedly wants to run more this year, but am willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Hard pass to me.

Comment

I'm a Brewer homer who loves Yelich, and I'd decline. It's not a terrible offer, especially with Happ as the third player in an OBP league. If you have nothing at 2B and 2B is a wasteland in your league, then it's probably even a good offer.

But that's still not good enough to pry Soto out of my hands.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Pass.

Comment

Dont even need to read the offer (but I did). You dont trade soto. Just dont.

Comment

Thanks all - that was my general thought, but it was at least a big enough offer that I wanted to get a second, third or fourth pair of eyes on it.

Comment

Why don't you like Soto? Two seasons ago, you traded him away in our NL-only OBP league. Now you're considering trading him away in another NL-only OBP league. What did Soto do to you?

(Unless you have a way to trade Soto to my team, keep him! Pre-auction, Yelich $34, Happ $12 and Marte $3 are under value & interesting...but Soto $15 is ridiculous.)
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Thanks all - that was my general thought, but it was at least a big enough offer that I wanted to get a second, third or fourth pair of eyes on it.
                I would have as well. I disagree with Pauly - there's parameters where I deal Soto; say if Yelich is $19 instead of $29 in that deal, that would probably change my view.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Would take more than that I think. But yes at some price.

Comment

Yeah, anyone is tradable, but to give who is arguably the best player in your league at a great price, it would have to be overwhelming. That is a solid offer, but not overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      I have a $15, due extension, Soto in a 10-team NL-only 5x5 OBP league.

Guy has been bugging me all offseason but never actually making anything remotely in the ballpark in terms of an offer.

Today, he offered me $29 Yelich, due extension, $3 Ketel Marte, due extension and a choice of $13 Justin Turner due extension OR $12 Ian Happ second year for Soto at $15 due extension and $10 Harrison Bader.

I still think it's a no, just because Soto is such a monster in an OBP league, and supposedly wants to run more this year, but am willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Any thoughts?
                      How much are you planning to extend Soto?

Comment

Working...
                      X