Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Back 10 or HDID So Far

Now finished with the draft.

16 team, H2H, uses OBA and Holds (separate from saves)
    217 players out of the pool before draft

My final draft roster.

C - Carson Kelly
    1B - Brandon Lowe 1B, 2B, OF
    2B - Jose Altuve 2B
    3B - Jeimer Candelario 1B, 3B
    SS - Willy Adames
    MI - Eduardo Escobar 2B, 3B
    CI - Nate Lowe
    OF - Ronald Acuņa
    OF - Luis Robert
    OF - Leody Taveras
    OF - Alex Kiriloff
    Util - Oscar Mercado

SP - Garrit Cole
    SP - Carlos Carrasco SP, RP
    SP - Charlie Morton
    SP - Lance Lynn
    RP - Josh Hader
    RP - Liam Hendricks
    RP - Tanner Rainey
    P - Hyun Jin Ryu
    P - Tyler Chatwood
    P - Nick Wittgren

BN - Wander Franco
    BN - Jo Adell
    BN - Gavin Lux
    BN - Griffin Canning
    BN - Royce Lewis
    BN - Dylan Cease
    BN - Michael Wacha
    BN - Yoshi Tsutsugo

480 picks and still 3 players with ADP below #300, all catchers. Over 60 players taken who are not in the ADP top 1000.

Due to expiring claim rights, Carrasco, Morton, Lynn and Ryu will most likely be gone in 2022. I have Cole, Canning, Cease, and Wacha potentially returning. How is that as the basis of a rotation?

I just saw an article on darts to throw. The list included Candelario, Canning and Cease. What is it about names starting with the letter C? What did Chatwood do wrong?

Royce Lewis is already toast.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-17-2021, 03:42 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

How did you get Cole and Acuna? Or is this not the first year of the league? Looks great so far. And you have Wander; this must not be a first year draft.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      How did you get Cole and Acuna? Or is this not the first year of the league? Looks great so far. And you have Wander; this must not be a first year draft.
      It's a keeper league. 1st paragraph.

Comment

Currently 4th up. I am hoping for Griffin Canning, but he's top of the host site (Yahoo) rankings. If he's taken I am looking at Dane Dunning. If both are gone, maybe a Ks and Holds RP like Rainey.

I'm not loving the bats right now. Cesar Hernandez is probably the best. I could try a young 1B like Dalbec or Lowe.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Currently 4th up. I am hoping for Griffin Canning, but he's top of the host site (Yahoo) rankings. If he's taken I am looking at Dane Dunning. If both are gone, maybe a Ks and Holds RP like Rainey.

I'm not loving the bats right now. Cesar Hernandez is probably the best. I could try a young 1B like Dalbec or Lowe.

J
          Man, really seems like your pitching is MUCH stronger than your hitting. If possible I'd focus on hitting. I'm not sure that Dalbec isn't the choice here, he's a stronger play in OBP vs AVG leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            It's a keeper league. 1st paragraph.
            It is, but I don't know if it is the first draft of the league. I do agree that hitting should be the priority over pitching. He can just fill out the staff with decent MRs and be fine at this point. But a few more bats never hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Man, really seems like your pitching is MUCH stronger than your hitting. If possible I'd focus on hitting. I'm not sure that Dalbec isn't the choice here, he's a stronger play in OBP vs AVG leagues
              That is so backward. Normally, I scramble for pitching. Unfortunately, only Cole and Hader can come back, so I need to draft next year's rotation.

I do need a 1B and Dalbec has power to burn. Maybe Dunning next round.

Or not. Thinking that far ahead never seems to work. I have plenty of picks to form next year's staff.

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              It is, but I don't know if it is the first draft of the league. I do agree that hitting should be the priority over pitching. He can just fill out the staff with decent MRs and be fine at this point. But a few more bats never hurt.
              Since 2005. I was in Iraq the first year, so I couldn't play. I have won it three times.

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-05-2021, 10:00 AM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If hitting is the first priority, there are a couple of old guys to consider--Votto and Miggy Cabrera. Both are good OBA players and Miggy is 1B/CI rated.

I missed on Dalbec so I took Canning and then took Nate Lowe a round later. The old guys remain as plan B. Next, a Holds RP or an OF.

J

6 Mar Slow. Miggy didn't last even one pick. I need one more OF, then I start throwing darts at SP and hope to generate next season's staff. For the OF, I took Oscar Mercado. Maybe he gets regular AB now that he can DH. Do Puig and Osuna deserve darts, too?

7 Mar Dane Dunning taken. I waited too long. New plan, take Bummer as a holds guy and handcuff for Liam Hendricks. I leave the jokes to you. Votto gone. Playing time is getting scarce.

8 Mar Weekends are slow. We finally finished round # 22. In Round #23 I took Tanner Rainey for some Ks and Holds, and a closer in waiting. I may still take Bummer, but he is not the K machine Rainey and Romney are.

8 Mar We made a whole round. After almost 400 players taken, PT is scarce, mostly glove guys, catchers and MR. I took Royce Lewis, the last of 60 FV on Fangraphs and an AFL favorite of mine. Like a moron, I didn't check the injury list first and he's out for the season. Now I sit out a round. I'll throw darts at pitchers with the last five, plus maybe a C for the future. There are a dozen of those available.

10 Mar I sat out round #25. Took Dylan Cease and Tyler Chatwood in #26 and #27. Chatwood because Aaron Bummer went three picks ahead. I think I have the better MR, but not Liam Hendricks handcuff.

12 Mar I finally managed another pick--Michael Wacha. The draft is dragging through the end stages.

14 The end of the draft is dragging. In the next to last round I went with Tsutsugo. For the final round, with six year contracts, I am considering some 20 and 21 year olds, like everyone else. Maybe another RP.
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-14-2021, 09:29 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I am bumping this since I am finished. The last few picks have to be made and entered. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow I will have a roster online, and be Friday I can make adds and drops.

Trades start immediately.

This is where we started.

C - Carson Kelly
                  1B -
                  2B - Brandon Lowe
                  3B - Jeimer Candelario
                  SS - Garrett Hampson
                  MI -
                  CI -
                  OF - Ronald Acuņa
                  OF - Christian Yelich
                  OF - Luis Robert
                  OF - Anthony Santander
                  Util - Leody Taveras

SP - Carlos Carrasco
                  SP - Charlie Morton
                  SP - Lance Lynn
                  SP -
                  RP - Josh Hader
                  RP -
                  RP -
                  P -
                  P -
                  P -

BN - Wander Franco
                  BN - Jo Adell
                  BN - Alex Kiriloff

I traded Yelich, Santander and draft consideration for Garritt Cole, Liam Hendricks and Hyun Jin Ryu

J
                  Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-16-2021, 06:03 PM.
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

For reference, this is one of the other teams.

C - Will Smith
                    1B - Cody Bellinger
                    2B - Tommy La Stella
                    3B - Matt Chapman
                    SS - Paul DeJong
                    CI - Renato Nunez
                    MI - Ty France
                    OF - Mike Trout
                    OF - George Springer
                    OF - Kyle Schwarber
                    OF - Brandon Nimmo
                    UTIL - JD Davis

SP - Clayton Kershaw
                    SP - Jose Berrios
                    SP - Brandon Woodruff
                    SP - Zach Plesac
                    RP - Nick Anderson
                    RP - Rowan Wick
                    RP - Ryan Yarbrough
                    P - Josh Lindblom
                    P - John Means
                    P - Jake Odorizzi

BN - Evan White
                    BN - Dalton Varsho
                    BN - Brendan Rodgers
                    BN - Hunter Renfroe
                    BN - Josh Naylor
                    BN - Robbie Grossman
                    BN - Rich Hill
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                    X