OF Teoscar Hernandez - TOR
    OF Michael Conforto - NYM
    OF Charlie Blackmon - COL
    2B Cavan Biggio - TOR
    2B Keston Hiura - MIL
    SS Javier Baez - CHC
    1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - TOR
    Last edited by harmon; 03-04-2021, 09:26 AM. Reason: clarify draft type

If your league uses OBP I would probably go with Biggio, an OBP monster with 20/20 potential, likely to hit 1st or 2nd in a killer lineup. I could also see a case for taking Conforto in either BA or OBP for the added power he provides over Biggio and similar strong lineup, but Conforto also gets a slight edge hitting 3 or 4 slot for counting stats. Depends how much you covet the SB from Biggio.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Huria or vlad
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

By "hold" do you mean keep? Or is this an NFBC style redraft?

Comment

Grisham without any other context.

Comment

NFBC style redraft and BA not OBP.

Comment

Given the value of SBs in the market, I'd go Biggio/Vlad/Conforto/CBurnes/Grisham/Hiura.

I'm dinging Hiura since I'm pretty sure his move to 1B is simply a way station to DH next year.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Biggio or Hiura

Comment

I'd lean to Biggio in a vacuum, but it's such a deep position. Baez might be my pick and Conforto has his points.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I'd lean to Biggio in a vacuum, but it's such a deep position. Baez might be my pick and Conforto has his points.

J
                    You think 2b is a deep position?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      It depends on what you are looking for. There are some sneaky plays at lower areas of 2b. Kolten Wong is the 29th 2B by ADP. I also like Starlin Castro at 33, Cesar Hernandez at 35, Kike at 40. It may not have a ton at the top but it seems like the later options are viable.

Comment

I do think it is pretty deep. More so in NL only vs AL only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          It depends on what you are looking for. There are some sneaky plays at lower areas of 2b. Kolten Wong is the 29th 2B by ADP. I also like Starlin Castro at 33, Cesar Hernandez at 35, Kike at 40. It may not have a ton at the top but it seems like the later options are viable.
                          True, but when deciding which player to take in a 15 team mixed league like this, it strikes me as odd that one would prefer a SS (Baez) to a 2b (Biggio) based on depth of the position. SS is deeper than 2b, especially in a 15 team mixed league.

Comment

True, but when deciding which player to take in a 15 team mixed league like this, it strikes me as odd that one would prefer a SS (Baez) to a 2b (Biggio) based on depth of the position. SS is deeper than 2b, especially in a 15 team mixed league.
                            I don't know.... there's a big chasm after Baez (adp ~70) down to adp ~120. The only SS in that area is Dansby Swanson. In that range at 2B you have potentially Lowe, Marte, McNeil, Muncy, Altuve, Moore, Moustakas.

I think we talk about depth in terms that are too general, in many cases there are areas in the curve that are problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I don't know.... there's a big chasm after Baez (adp ~70) down to adp ~120. The only SS in that area is Dansby Swanson. In that range at 2B you have potentially Lowe, Marte, McNeil, Muncy, Altuve, Moore, Moustakas.

I think we talk about depth in terms that are too general, in many cases there are areas in the curve that are problematic.
                              I hadn't checked SS adp much, cuz I am set at SS. I am surprised at how low Semien is. I prefer him to Moose. Correa is right there too, but I get what some might prefer Moose to Correa given the injury risk. Further down the SS list, I like Dejong at his ADP. As with Correa, health is a big issue for him, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X